December 2011 Moms

potty training?

I'm thinking of starting to potty train soon I have read some things on how too's helped potty train other children. Just wondering when other people are thinking of potty training.  My goal is that she is potty trained before she is 2 because we are starting to try for another one and I don't want 2 in diapers at the same time. Thoughts?

Re: potty training?

• Find an online readiness quiz and be objective as possible. Start as soon as possible after 18months if your child has enough signs of readiness.

Our goal is to be done by 2 as well. It is way easier to get this milestone taken care of before t

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are waiting until closer to 2 but hope to be done before 2.5yrs so DD can start preschool. She has to be pottytrained to be accepted.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • We started putting ds on the potty right before bath, or any time I knew he was pooping since he was 9 months old. Of course, he didn't know what he was doing, but we still made a big deal about it and got him comfortable with the toilet. We used the seat
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebuddrfly421:
    We started putting ds on the potty right before bath, or any time I knew he was pooping since he was 9 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have heard time and time again that there is a window, before the second birthday where it is far easier than waiting until 2.5 or older (like many do), or until their "ready." 

We cloth diaper, so for convenience, I started putting DS on

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • I think we will wait a bit. We have a big trip to Germany coming up in August and after that we will start to introduce him to the toilet. I bought one of those seats that goes onto the toilet and sat him on it, but he got scared and wanted off. <

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Wow.  I hadn't even thought about it yet!  I guess we're behind.

With DD we introduced the potty around 18 months, but it was more of a novelty than anything else.  And she SLOWLY...took to it.  We didn't really push it.&nbs

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • They say that babies don't have much control over their bladder/bowels before 18 months, so I wouldn't try before then. I also think that babies need to be able to clearly communicate in someway (doesn't have to be with words) when they need to g

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"