Preemies
Options

Sigh. Yet another friend expecting a preemie. :-(

This is just a vent. My first DD was a late term preemie and I was incredibly fortunate that my second DD stayed put until 39 weeks after some preterm labor scares. My DD1s best friend (her mom is my very good friend) delivered her son the month after my DD was born and he was born at 25 weeks and spent 3 months in the NICU. My other close mommy friend in town's daughter was born at 32 weeks and my best friend's daughter was full term but had serious healthy issues that kept her in the NICU for 3 months.

Today was supposed to be another friend's baby shower but she was admitted to the hospital with pre-e and is expected to deliver her baby any day now at 32 weeks. 

I'm just sad that yet another friend has to ride this roller coaster. I'm worried about her and her baby and I'm anxious because updates are so rare and I hate not knowing and feeling helpless.

As soon as I get word I'm going to try to organize meals and make up some care packages but for now it's just a waiting game. I'm so glad that modern medicine has made such huge advances in caring for preemies but I wish we knew more about preventing their early arrivals in the first place. It's so scary.

Re: Sigh. Yet another friend expecting a preemie. :-(

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this news. Feeling helpless is one of the worst feelings but it sounds like you are planning to be really helpful. You Unfortunately know better than others what she really needs. Hoping for the best for her!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"