One & Done: Only child
Options

Talents

I was just watching a girl play piano on TV and it made me think..

Are there any talents you wish you had? (that you lack in?).

I wish I could play an instrument - in particular, the piano.  I also wish I could draw/paint. I can barely draw a stick figure. My 7 year old draws 100x better than me, I kid you not.

What about you?

E+C
(+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
TTC

Re: Talents

• Options
    I wish I could play an instrument. I always wanted to take lessons but there was never enough money for it. I also wish I could dance. I have no rhythm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Some sort of art...drawing, painting, sculpting. Singing would be a good talent to have too although Lillian loves my singing so that's all that matters ;)

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish I could draw well Big Smile
  • Options
    I have thought about this one a lot....I wish I could sing.  I really, really cannot.  I sound awful. Just awful...I feel bad for my son when I "sing" kids songs to him.
  • Options

One more...I also wish I could sew.  I mean, I can fix a hole or add a button, but I want to be able to sew a dress/shirt/curtain.

I do, by the way, realize this is a talent I could learn.  Alas...I am lazy/busy and don't see this happe

• Options
    imageferris0906:

One more...I also wish I could sew.  I mean, I can fix a hole or add a button, but I want to be able to sew a

E+C
    TTC
  • Options
    imageChapter79:
    imageferris0906:
  • Options
    I wish I could play chess. I know that's not exactly a talent, but many people have tried to teach me and I just don't get it.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wish I could sing and write. I feel like I used to be able to do these things pretty well but after college the abilities sort of dwindled.
  • Options
    I wish I could whistle. It's something I've never been able to do. I love the sound...DH is always whistling tunes when we cook :)
  • Options
    I also wish I could play an instrument. I am so not musically inclined at all. I had a bass guitar in high school and tried to learn how to play it, but pretty much failed. I never took an instrument when I was younger and I really wish I had had that opp
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageferris0906:

One more...I also wish I could sew.  I mean, I can fix a hole or add a button, but I want to be able to sew a

• Options
    I also wish I could sing and I wish I hadn't given up playing the piano. I enjoyed the lessons and I don't know why I gave it up. Sigh.
  • Options
    imageBostonKisses2:

I also wish I was more athletic. 

This. I wish I were a runner.  Mayb

E+C
    TTC
  • Options

I concur on the athleticism.  I never played any sports when I was younger because I was too shy and my parents never pushed it.  I keep seeing ads for the Savage Race and wish that I could even be half as fit as necessary to participate in s

• Options
    imageM&MHaveMyHeart:
    imageBo
    E+C
    TTC
  • Options

I'm giggling at all the singing ones ... my 3.5 year old niece started saying "mommy, no sing" when she was about 2 maybe even before.  I don't sing really well, but she'll say "Mommy, don't sing.  Only Auntie."  My sister is horrid at s

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

I would love to be able to sing.

I love musicals and I have a guilty fantasy of one day starring in a musical. Never gonna happen, though. I could maybe do sets. Smile</p

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wish I was crafty. I have a whole board on Pinterest full of crafty projects I wish I could figure out how to do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really wish I could make pottery.  I took a class and all my stuff looked like a 3 year old made it.  I've tried so many times and it's not going to be my thing.  I want to be more crafty and make cool stuff for the kiddo, so we will see
    photo NewAveryPic_zps943cadf9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"