June 2011 Moms
Options

how much does your LO know?

LO can count 1-12 but no number recognition yet.

Sings alphabet songs....gets probably 50% right?

Knows some words to her favorite books...most of it. She "reads" with me. 

We listen to a lot of Christian songs and she knows a couple since she was 18 months old.

Just wondering. There are always other kids who know more and I wonder if I am not teaching her enough. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how much does your LO know?

• Options

That's about what my guy knows. He goes 1 through 9, then jumps to Thirteen. I guess he really likes thirteen!

He sings along to some Elmo songs and kind of mumbles to the alphabet songs. It depends on his mood. 

He knows colors most o

• Options

DD can count 1-4 then always jumps to 9 then 11, 13 and then eleventeen, lol.

DD nails the alphabet from "H" on but always starts there. 

She also loves songs and book and can fill in the blanks for her stories and sing quite a few so

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I guess my DD is behind!  :(  This kind of depresses me now, but I know she'll catch up eventually.

I've never even sang the alphabet to her and we never work on counting...  (Didn't even think to do it.)

She's probably behin
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemamarazzi528:
    I guess my DD is behind!nbsp; :nbsp; This kind of depresses me now, but I know she'll catch up eventually. I've never
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS can almost say the alphabet and can count to 10.
  • Options

Mamarazzi - sorry I didn't meant to make anyone depressed by asking the question. I honestly was just starting to wonder because I know a 17 month old girl who knows all her alphabets by flash card recognition! I have been trying to teach Liv forever a

• Options

DD can count 1-10. She knows all of her letters by sight and can sing most of the alphabet (but skips around a little). I haven't introduced colors though so glad to hear they are picking this up already. I swear they learn new words every day so do no

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    akayfakayf member

He knows how to dump things out and make messes.    No letters, no counting(he says 1 2 3 but it's just a rote phrase..he's not actually counting).   He loves puzzles so I use them to intro concepts such as colors, shapes, numbers. &nbsp

• Options

DD can count a bit but always skips 4. The counting is a riot b/c DH was really showing her with emphasis....onnnnnnnne, twooooooooo, threeeeeeee, fiiiiiiiiiiive in a sqeeky voice.

At DS's soccer class at the Y, the kids were doing warm u

• Options

DD can count from 1-20, but she doesn't recognize the numbers.

She can sing the alphabet song with clarity, but she doesn't recognice the alphabets.

She sings a lot of pre-school sings with clarity and does the hand gestures and movemen

• Options

DD can count to six really well (its how many times i twist a rubber band in her pigtails so we count to six a lot).  She also does the 1,2,3 jump to daddy

photo a1c2c501-51d6-4155-bc5d-e15072d2426d_zps1135e754.jpg 

**Siggy Challenge What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives**

• Options

DD can count to 6 and then, this morning, knew that 12 came after 11 (sometimes, I think she knows more than she says).

She can identify some alphabet letters, but hasn't said her ABCs (that I have heard). She knows "O" and "A" and "B".

She

imageimageimage
  • Options

Liv doesn't sing her ABC's but knows her letters and doesn't count 1-10 but knows those numbers. Does that make sense? She can pick out and say any letter in the alphabet and will often point out letters in books but I haven't really taught her the abc

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrs mosby:
    imagemamarazzi528:</
  • Options

Our little guy will start counting once we say "one"; usually skips 4 and 6 though.  

Sometimes he surprises me with his alphabet (stringing 10 along in a row) and then other times doesn't seem to get it right.  He can recognize some le

• Options
    Wow I feel way behind and bad. We haven't even been working with ds on counting or abcs or colors etc. he barely pairs two word sentences that we understand. He has learned a lot of individual words and will try to repeat most things and is good at his sh
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

He can say his ABC's, sing a bad rendition of Twinkle Twinkle.  Can count to 10 and can recognize #'s.  He loves the "monkey" song by the Wiggles (mom and dad don't!) and can tell us to put on Monkey and knows all the animal sounds (monk

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Cate seems to be pretty on point with the rest of her peers! She can count to 13, then she jumps around. She can sing the entire abcs, as well as twinkle, twinkle, the Sofia the First theme song and a song from Doc McStuffins (my 4 y/o is a Disney Jr fan!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"