November 2012 Moms
Options

S/O swimming

I'm sure this was recently covered. But my inner gangsta' doesn't GAF to look for it Wink

Who is taking their LO to swim lessons and why?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: S/O swimming

• Options

Me me...so far the places I have looked start at 6 months so we will be going in May at the Y!

why? Because I love water and want her to as well, it's an activity for us to do and get out of the house, it's a way to meet other moms/babies, and I

• Options

Me too! 

Pretty much what Kira and Jenner said.

It's totally a blast.

There's all these toddlers at the place we go that are just petrified of the water, and/or cannot swim at all.  And I jsut really don't want that

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We are. I learned to swim at a very early age and I love swimming and just being in the water.

It is one of the only types of exercises I can do every day and it reduces my pain level because it takes the weight off the joints.  So I am hop

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I really want to do the ISR self rescue classes so he can learn to save himself in the event he does go in the pool without anyone but they are kind of expensive and I'll have to save for them. Not sure we'll do regular swimming lessons but I'm thinking a
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagetechg0ddess:
    I really want to do the ISR self rescue classes so he can learn to save himself in the event he does go in the po

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

R's started parent and tot classes with her dad - mostly so he gets comfortable handling her in the water. She also comes with me to "diaper-aqua-fit" and sits in a float while I make an attempt at exercise.

We plan on continuing our outdoorsy ac

• Options
    imagepersephonerose:

imagetec
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't decided yet. I am not a strong swimmer. SO is. We have a pool in our complex and will be using it this summer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm starting to look into lessons for G. I have the summer off so it'll give the 2 of us something to do and meet other mommies and babies. We also have a community pool and my best friend has one as well. So I want her to feel comfortable in the pool.
    Untitled Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekiraliz2:

I work with a guy who is ~50 and doesn't know how to swim. To me, that is incredibly dangerous and also incredibly s

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm the Aquatics Director at the YMCA in our town so DD will definitely be taking swim lessons. So far she seems to LOVE the water!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"