Preemies
Options

Glasses...

Yesterday we had an eye checkup. This was his first since ROP exams. I have noticed that one of his eyes was crossing in occasionally and mentioned it to our neonatologist and age said it was most likely just his eyes developing. I brought it up yesterday during our eye appointment and they said its not just the one but they both do it. All babies are farsighted but she said my little guy needs extra help focusing. We got a prescription for glasses and got them ordered. During the fitting for them he was very unhappy. He's a week shy of 8 months/ 5 adjusted. Anyone have any pointers on how to get him used to them and keep him from grabbing them? He used to rip his canula off his face and that was taped on so I have a feeling this is going to be a fight. Also, he naps frequently throughout the day. Do I take them off for naps?
There was a mention that this development could be related to PVL. They found he has bilateral PVL when he was about 2 months old. This is the first that anyone has mentioned it since. Anyone else familiar with this?
I know it sounds horrible but I am really disappointed he's going to have glasses. They wouldn't let me get the rectangle frames and the ones we got I think look silly on him. Sigh...

Re: Glasses...

• Options

DS2 (now 3.5yr and was a late term preemie) has worn glasses since he was 10mos old.  To get him used to his glasses we started him out slowly. He'd wear them when he was eating since his hands would/should be busy. We slowly upped his time wearin

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"