May 2013 Moms

Dilating...

Should i be concerned that I have not started to dilate yet? I am 35 weeks and 3 days and a FTM. Ive been reading so many posts about how many of you are already dilating but nothing for me yet. When i asked my OB on monday she kind of just laughed it off and was like we dont want you to be dilating yet, but of course i still need to question it. Guess its just time for the waiting game...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Dilating...

• No, you don't need to worry. Whether or not you are dilated doesn't mean anything, other than you don't have as far to dilate when you are in labor I suppose..but it doesn't mean you will go into labor sooner/later. I was completely closed up with my fi

Mom to Benjamin 6/2011 and Lena 5/2013; baby 3 on the way

• I had my 37 week appt today and am 3cm dilated, 65 percent effaced and neg 2 station.

I'm a FTM, and my doc made it seem like it is less common for FTMs to dilate early, before they go into labor.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. Just wasnt sure if there was a certain time frame that this starts to happen or not. I know I am not full term yet but there is talk of possibly inducing earlier then the due date due to GD / high blood pressure. So i just wanted some sort

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Honestly, dilation can mean jack squat. You can sit there dilated for weeks or you can go from zero to sixty in a matter of hours. No worries! 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHoolahZinger:
    Honestly, dilation can mean jack squat. You can sit there dilated for weeks or you can go from zero to sixty in a mat
  • imageHoolahZinger:
    Honestly, dilation can mean jack squat. You can sit there dilated for weeks or you can go from zero to sixty in a m
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageHoolahZinger:
    Honestly, dilation can mean jack squat. You can sit there dilated for weeks or you can go from zero to sixty in a mat
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLexiLupin:
    You aren't due for another 4.5 weeks. You aren't even term for another week and a half. Listen to your OB.
    </BLOCK
  • I am 39 weeks, and No Dilation yet, almost completely effaced though!! after checking me the other day he thinks I will be in labor within the next week or two!

So I guess it doesnt really matter WHEN you start to dilate, could be at 36 weeks, co

• I didn't dilate with either of my boys until I went into labor after my due date.  I got checked at 36ish weeks this time and was still closed up tight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll be 39 weeks on Monday... No dilation yet
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebaby_mama88:
    imageHoolah
    Little Sib & Big Sis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • No, I wouldn't worry.  You can go from zero to everything in a matter of hours if labor is really impending.  We have the same due date and I still have a cerclage in and it isn't coming out until probably 37 weeks now. 
  • imageHoolahZinger:
    Honestly, dilation can mean jack squat. You can sit there dilated for weeks or you can go from zero to sixty in
    Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
  • I am 37 weeks and still no dilation :( I am hoping I still have my baby by my due date though. My sister said she never did dilate until she went into labor so hopefuly that is what will happen to me in the next few weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had my first check this past Tuesday at 35w2d and I wasn't dilated at all, but my cervix was soft. The doc said that was normal and the fact that the cervix was soft was a good sign. I asked her what the "standard" was and she told me that everyone is d
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"