Kansas Babies

Shawnee Mission Medical Center

Hi Ladies!

We're packing our hospital bag & I see a lot of suggestions for bringing things like towels, blankets, pillows, etc.  I was wondering if anyone has given birth at SMMC & what they thought about those types of items.  Bring your own, or be happy with what they have?  Thanks for the advice!

Re: Shawnee Mission Medical Center

• I can't speak for that hospital, but I was glad I had my own blanket because I just couldn't get warm enough with theirs. And I didn't bring my own towel but I wish I would have because our hospitals just weren't big enough for my taste.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm excited for you! They just renovated that unit! I went to OPR, but all ll hospital towels are small. I packed with the philosophy that I hate doing my own laundry, so I just used theirs. I have very particular pillow needs, so I brought mine. Just remember if you take anything, make sure it is colorful and stands out so that it's not accidentally picked up by hospital staff and you will be less likely to forget it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I gave birth at SMMC I had a scheduled c-section.  2 years ago.  Bring your own pillow.  I didn't really use the boppy cause I couldnt have much around my belly.  I liked having my own nightgown and slippers.  I used face wipes when I couldn't get out of bed.  But I didnt have them the first day, had to send my husband for them.  They will take pics on day 2, be prepared.  I wasnt in the pics, because I hadn't had a shower in 36 hours.  If your husband/partner is staying overnight have them bring blanket/pillow, the cot is not so good.  I liked their post panties cause it was the only thing that was comfortable.  
  • I loved being at SMMC ! My sister has 2 kids there and I had my daughter almost 3yrs ago. I packed my own pj's and robe, slippers. Blanket and pillow might be nice to have but you could end up getting stuff on it, you can always ask for more of anything and they will get it for you
  • I loved the panties after my C section!
  • I would bring a pillow, because that's what I did when I had my daughter, but it wasn't at SMMC. I would use their blankets and towels. You don't want to mess up your own unless you would really rather use your own. Just make sure you keep track of it and it's labeled because you don't want it going in their laundry.

I just want to say good luck! I hope they take awesome care of you and your little one!

I was born there, so I'm uber excited for you! I hope you have an awesome experience! 

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

PCOS -Fibroids -Type 1 Diabetes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"