Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Small baby?

My son is 3 and a half months today. He was born weighing 6lbs and 15oz. He now weighs just over 11lbs. My pediatrician said that he is in the 3rd percentile. He eats like crazy, and is exclusively breastfed. The Dr. didn't seem concerned and said that I could try giving him some rice cereal in his milk. How much did everyone's baby weigh around 3.5 months and should I be worried he isn't gaining enough weight?

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Small baby?

• I wouldn't worry about it as long a he's meeting his milestones... It's not like he started off in the 90th percentile and dropped to the 3rd, he was small to begin with!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • He seems to be meeting milestones and seems happy and content after eating (at least for a little while). He is not sleeping at night...really much at all. He wakes up at 11am and then is up every hour to eat. I am soooo beyond tired. The people in my fam
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DS is 4 now, but has always been small.  He was born at 7lbs 2oz, and I just looked it up - he was 11lbs, 13.5oz at his 4 month check up (which was about a week early).  He is still small - but at his 4 year check, he had jumped up to the 18%
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was 6 lbs 3 oz at birth, at 3 months she was 8 lbs 6oz, and now at 5 months she is 11 lbs 10 oz. she drinks 5-6 6 oz bottles a day and 3-3.5 oz of pur?es twice a day (piggy) but she's just petite (1st percentile). DS has always been in the 90th percent
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Well the way the scale works someone has to be in the 3rd percentile! As long as he's fairly consistent in that percentage [not going from 70% to 3%] and the doctor isn't worried I wouldn't either. If he's dirtying diapers & seems happy/satisfied t

• If your pedi isn't worried I wouldn't worry. My LO was  5lbs 8oz at birth and 8lbs 3oz at her 2 month appt. Her pedi said she wasn't worried but to keep an eye on
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP#1:MC 8/20/2010| BFP#2:MC 7/9/2011| BFP#3:DD born 12/14/2012

• imageLittleNugget2013:

My son is 3 and a half months today. He was born weighing 6lbs and 15oz. He now weighs just over 11lbs. My p

• I'm grateful that my doctor never breaks out those charts at our appointments.  First all, if you are really into comparing your child with others (and I would encourage you not to), I would go to the World Health Organization's website and look a

• dd was born 6lb 10oz, and was 6lbs when we left the hospital....as of friday she was only 11lbs 7oz... and is eff

the dr wasn't concerned and said she is tracking fine.... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My son was six pounds two ounces at birth and at 3.5 months he is also just over 11 pounds. I have FF from birth. He's little and I sometimes worry, but our ped. says he has grown at a normal rate, he's just low on the percentile scale.
  • My kiddo is another small one for weight also... born just shy of 6 lbs and smack dab in the middle of the original estimated due date and the adjusted for growth due date. She's a zero-percentile for weight and has been all along. We went in for extra
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My daughter is 14 weeks today and she weighs 10 lbs 14 oz. Our ped was not concerned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"