Pre-School and Daycare

How many snacks?

DD is 4y3m. For a few weeks now she barely eats dinner. I think I should cut back on snacks. Generally she gets a snack every two to three hours. Breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, sometimes a few crackers at 4 and then dinner. Is she old enough to drop a snack? Should snacks be super small?what do your kids snack on?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many snacks?

• To me, as long as it's healthy, I don't monitor their snacks.  Ds can eat his way through all snacks and still eat a dinner.  Dd is more like a bird and will eat little bits here and there and maybe picks at dinner, but I'm not worried because s
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageechowysp2:
    To me, as long as it's healthy, I don't monitor their snacks.nbsp; Ds can eat his way through all snacks and still eat a
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My kids usually have a mid morning snack, between breakfast and lunch, and then a small snack around 3pm to tide them over until dinner. They usually eat fruit, sliced peppers, string cheese, raisins or Craisins, crackers, fruit leathers, or applesauce

• I don't watch how much DS is snacking. If he's hungry, I give him a snack. If he wants more, I give him more.
    m/c 2013
  • rsd12rsd12 member
    I don't worry if they skip a meal. I figure two good meals a day and healthy snacks are good. Typically before dinner, we have fruits or veggies only. So I think this helps them eat more at dinner time.

I actually prefer to give them their ve
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Both of my kids do your same snack schedule. I try to limit the amount of the snacks especially at 4pm where I tend to offer 2 crackers.  My kids eat a lot at breakfast, a moderate amount at lunch, then barely anything at dinner. Some snacks we do ar
  • We have a fruit bowl and they have free reign.  THey eat a big protein-heavy breakfast, then a moderate lunch, salad at 4, dinner at 5.  Bedtime snack at 7.
  • We typically have a big breakfast around 730. The kids are ready for a snack around 930. Often it's fruit and nuts. Lunch around noon. I watch afterschool kids and everyone gets a snack around 330. On days with just my kids we skip that afternoon snack b/
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Dd has a small afternoon snack 3ish then nothing til dinner at 5:30/6 or she won't eat anything and then doesn't sleep all night cause she's hungry
  • We don't make snacks very big at all.  My girls (during the week) have breakfast at home at around 6:30 which is typically some type of bar (nutrition bar or Nutri-Grain Bar) and something hot like an Eggo French Toast or a few tiny pancakes or I

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Mrs.VMrs.V member
    We cut out snacks for the most part. Sometimes the boys will have a snack mid-morning or afternoon but its pretty rare. We felt that they were over feeding on snacks and then not eating at meals. Cutting out snacking has helped for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"