Georgia Babies
Options

3 year old eating habits

Do you ladies have any ideas on getting a 3 yr old to eat dinner? This has become a nightly battle for us. We have tried bribery and I try to include her when making dinner.  I refuse to make a special meal just for her.  At this point my 1 year old eats more than she does. I also always make one thing on the plate that I know for sure she likes and sometimes she won't even eat that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3 year old eating habits

• Options
    Ignore and wait. Kids eat when hungry calling attention to it makes it worse in our house. Gavin goes tgru this phase every few months. Then he will pig out for a few weeks and catch up.

• Options
    We seem to be going through it right now as well.  MJD will take a few bites of food, then say he's full.  So rather than battle it, I let him get up.  I do however, keep his plate out, because inevitably he wants it an hour later, which I
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageslwprincess:
    Ignore and wait. Kids eat when hungry calling attention to it makes it worse in our house. Gavin goes tgru this
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Options
    I have refused to make eating a "thing" in our house.  I make the kids plates, put a tiny bit of each thing on it (one is always something they like) and that's what they eat.  They know the rule is that if they don't eat well, they don't get de
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrsd0907:

imageslwprince
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We see a nutritionist and she says offer the food and let them starve if they choose not to eat. You are doing all the right things. Don't make special meals but always offer at least one thing they have eaten before. Ours also says not to use bribery

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It has recently become a battle for us too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"