May 2011 Moms
Options

Early Birthday?

I can't believe our LOs are about to turn 2!

I want your opinion on something. DS's birthday is on 5/20 so I was going to have his party on Sunday 19th. His godparents are moving out of state due to his work and they are leaving on the 15th. I really want them there (one, he is my cousin and two, they adore DS) but his moving date is set by his company so it is out of his hands.

I say we celebrate DS's birthday on Saturday the 11th. Since Sunday is Mother's Day I thought Saturday would be better. DH says it's ridiculous to celebrate a birthday so early and that it is not our fault my cousin and his wife are moving, and that it's even more inconvenient that it is the day before Mother's Day.

To me it is more important to have there the people that really care about DS and not go by the calendar because DS doesn't even get it is his birthday. Plus on his actual birthday the three of us can do something special.

What do you think? 

Re: Early Birthday?

• Options
    I think it's just fine to celebrate early. More important is, like you say, that the people who care about him can come. Maybe in a few years he won't want his party to be early, but I think even then it's more about who's there than when it is.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options

It's the day before Mother's Day, not Father's Day. If you're fine with that, what's it to him?

That's not too early at all. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would do it early.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would do it early.  We're actually having our birthday party this weekend (4/20) while the kids birthday isn't til May 2 due to scheduling conflicts.  I'm all for having it when you want. 
  • Options
    We are celebrating DS's birthday on April 27th, his actual birthday is May 7th.  We'll be visiting all our family back home in Seattle {we live in Alabama} so it just makes it easier on everyone to celebrate it at once.  Your DH probably thinks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"