Maryland Babies
Options

Delayed vax schedule Carroll County

Hi there,

I am currently 17 weeks pregnant, and realize that I might be starting the search for a ped a little bit early, but I have a gut feeling that I am going to have some trouble finding a pediatrician who will work with me in either delaying or opting out of vaccinations...any experience in this area with docs in carroll county? I'm in Westminster, but would be willing to go to surrounding areas for care - Eldersburg, Mt. Airy, Reisterstown, Owings MIlls, etc.

Re: Delayed vax schedule Carroll County

• Options
    Why are you choosing to delay or opt out of vaccines?  We have started to spread out some of DSs vaccines now so that he only gets one actual needle at a time because he was miserable with vaccines in both legs, but we are still having him vaccinated
  • Options
    We do the AAP vaccine schedule, but we also see Dr Chung.  I've never felt any type of judgement from him AT ALL.  He gives great information and responds to every "tough" question I've ever asked. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

"Why are you choosing to delay or opt out of vaccines?"

I guess you could say we're a little "crunchy". We don't want to introduce potential toxin

• Options
    Are you planning on living in a bubble for 2 years? Because every time you take your unvaccinated child in public he could be contaminating another child with a compromised immune system or one who legitimately cannot be vaccinated. Delay or spread out y
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

For the vast majority of children the benefits of vaccination FAR outweigh the risks. We discussed the idea of delaying vaccines for our premature infant, but our family doctor (who we trust very much) said that it was even MORE important for us t

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had to smile to myself when I read your response on being "crunchy" and not in a snarky, mean way AT ALL just that just like you we thought about delaying/ opting out not because of "crunchiness" that would be one thing but we were just straight up scar
    scrunched up face
  • Options
    imageSYingling84:

"Why are you choo

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options
    imageweezie825:

For the vast majority of children the benefits of vaccination FAR outweigh the risks. We discussed the idea of

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our pedi is in Sykesville and is willing to delay some vaccinations if you have concerns. PM me and I will send you his info. We have our daughter in daycare at a center, so we could not exercise that option, but I wish I could have, as she has severe vac
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"