Military Families

Kinda feel betrayed

We just got to camp lejeune and the FRO contacted me last week. She was friendly and told me that if I had any questions or anything that I could email or call her any time. So I got the impression of a causal relationship and someone who I can confide in with military problems. This was nice to find since Im in a new place with no friends and a rocky marriage. Guess I was wrong. I had a couple of questions about when we would be reimbursed for all of our travel expenses and some back BAH totaling about 1000 which would REALLY help us out right now. Instead of giving me an answer, she forwarded my email straight to my husbands new 1st sergeant! Wtf... So I get a text from him ranting about how they think he's irresponsible now... Awesome, that's what I need, for us to argue some more. I feel so isolated and completely alone. I thought that this FRO was going to be a gateway to the other wives and fun family activities that would take place in the next two years. Now I feel like I can't trust anyone and that ill be alone for the next two years while we are here. The last base we were at was very small and it was very easy to talk to everyone, now we're here and we are just lost in the crowd.
So my question is, what is the relationship between the FRO and the wives? Maybe I was out of line but I don't do it on purpose and the last thing I needed was more problems between my husband and I.
I thought that I would get use to the big city, but I just feel so alone.

Re: Kinda feel betrayed

• I'm not too familiar with FROs but I would think she did exactly what she needed to do. She didn't do it to rat you out or because you can't confide in her, she has no control over issues such as pay but the 1SG does. Had you said "Hey I don't think we

CJ 05/29/2013

• Yea you're right. I guess where I went wrong was that I just didn't know that I needed to specify! In the future ill be much more careful in my phrasing. And yea he's really laying it on thick, as if I meant to get him in trouble. I've been asking for cou
  • Loading the player...
  • The FRO can give you general answers to those questions, but she would have to contact the command to get specific answers or for someone to look into them for you.  Personally I would have told you before sending it to the command that I could wr

• So I don't think she was trying to betray you. She has no control over pay, so she turned it over to someone who could. I think key spouses or people in volunteer leadership roles their roles are driven a lot by the actual military members in command.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In my experience, the FRO is there to keep you informed during deployments, and also of upcoming activities within the unit. That's it. It might work differently elsewhere, but it is very much a business type relationship.

At our current duty sta

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It ranges from branch to branch location to location. We were just at Camp Lejeune with 2/6. Our old FRO was THE BEST he was your connection to everything and rarely if ever involved your husbands command. They should always clear that stuff wit
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagemaganh91:
    We just got to camp lejeune and the FRO contacted me last week. She was friendly and told me that if I had any quest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageardecarli:
    It ranges from branch to branch location to location. We were just at Camp Lejeune with 2/6. Our old FRO was THE BE
  • imagemarinlove0528:

imagea

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • She probably forwarded it to get you an actual answer, as she has nothing to do with money stuff, and it's the 1stSgt's job to make sure his Marines are taken care of. I'm sure that they didn't come down on him as hard as he said, though depending on his
    I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"