Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Would you?

If you had the chance to find out the gender of your baby would you have wanted to know?

Why?

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Would you?

• Options
    Yes I would because I think that it would help with the pain and so I could give him/her a name!

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Options

Personally, no.  The only reason why is b/c right now, I really have preference.  I know if successful I would be happy either way, boy or girl.  But, it would have been more difficult for me emotionally if I knew I had lost my preference.  That is just where I am at now.

Ectopic Pregnancy * December 2008 Miscarriage/D&C * June 29, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMoschic31:

Personally, no.  I know if successful I would be happy either way, boy or girl. 

This.

My 1st I really didn't think much about the gender.  The 2nd I always felt it was going to be a boy.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    My bf was convinced we were having a girl.  He said he felt a disturbance in the force.  We named the baby Layla, even though we didn't know her sex for certain.  To me... it doesn't matter if she was a girl or boy... in my heart (especially after we lost her) I identified her as a girl and now she is gone.  So to us... she was Layla and we lost her.  My remembrance necklace came today.  It is beautiful... and fitting... with her name stamped on it... but having it to hold and wear brings tears to my eyes... I cannot fathom the emotions I'm feeling right now.  They are too complex. 
  • Options
    I wanted to find out but they were not able to tell without sending from chromosome testing and since this is my first m/c we opted not to. I wanted to be able to give the baby a gender specific name.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Part of me really doesn't want to know. But the curious/impatient/anxious part of me wants to know. And I think that part is bigger. I know it will be a sad day when we get the results and find out the gender, but I think I will always wonder if don't find out.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

~~PgAL March Siggy Challenge - Pet Shaming~~
    TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
    BFP #1: 8/4/11 c/p 4w5d
    BFP #2: 9/4/11 c/p 5w0d
    BFP #3: 1/16/12 c/p 4w0d
    BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BFP #5 11/2/12 ?EDD 7/16/13? PLEASE grow sweet baby!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, so we could have named him/her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    no,i think it would make it harder
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yes we found out when possible- it gave us closure.
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options
    Yes! Makes it more personal and real to me and everyone else. We are operating under the assumption that it was a little boy based on heart rate at the 8wk appt. So hes got a name.
    Said goodbye 5/30/12 @10wks. 5/18/12 hb strong, 5/26/12 no hb Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Absolutely.  I think being able to name the baby would've been special for DH and I. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 1/23/13; US 1/28/13 Perfect Peanut @ 7w! So in love!; 2/23/13 Peanut Says Goodbye; 2/24/13 Natural MC at 11w

BFP #2: 10/5/2013; EDD 6/11/2014

image  image  image   image

The Fruit        The Countdown       My Chart    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"