Maryland Babies

Talk to me about Potty Training!!

I would like to work on PT with DD while my husband is away for 4 weeks.  He's not very patient and I do not want his attitude that to hinder her from using the potty. 

I tried this past weekend to let her run around in "pretty panties" and things were going well until MIL showed up.  She insisted I run the faucet to help DD "get the urge to go". I tried to explain to her that the point of putting her on the potty every half hour or so is not to necessarily to "go" and that at daycare they are not going to run the damn faucet every time they sit her down on the toilet!    The next time DD sat on the potty, MIL flushed the toilet again to help DD "get the urge to go" (I was unaware that MIL had put her on the potty).  Of course that freaked her out and she refused to sit on the toilet and also her little potty that does not flush. At that point I felt like forcing her to sit on the potty was a losing battle and I didn't want to do more damage, so the diapers came back on.

Other than  forbidding MIL to visit for the weekend, does anyone have suggestions on how to get a hesitant toddler back into PT?  She's definitely ready, but like I said I don't want to do more damage and have her afraid of the potty. 

Re: Talk to me about Potty Training!!

• Yikes, I disagree with your MIL's tactics also! With Sydney, we did the 3 day potty training method and it worked great. But its definitely not for everyone and will pretty much only work if your child is ready to be PT'd. If you want, I can email it to y
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That would be great! Thanks!!

P.S. your girls are adorable!
  • Loading the player...
  • Your MIL is a nutcase, why the hell would the sound of a toilet flushing give someone the "urge to go."  I'm pretty sure that when you have to go, you have to go and the sound of water running or a toilet flushing isn't going to automatically fill

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecmoats1:
    That would be great! Thanks!!

P.S. your girls are adorable!

Thank you! I wil
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm sorry your MIL is interfering.  

I just trained Claire.  Well, she kind of trained herself!  I was on spring break the last weekend in March.  She went naked in the house (no diaper or underwear).  We had some accide

Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • We also did the 3 day training with my son. It worked well and he was trained in 3 days. He was 27 months when we did it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"