Secondary IF
Options

Progesterone

A year and a half ago I asked to use progesterone after O during the 2ww and RE agreed. He said it can't hurt. That cycle was a BFN. I then did not use it since as I just had break cycles and regular clomid cycles and didn't usually O and I didn't think I would need it.

After this miscarriage my family doctor who is fairly knowledgeable suggested I try baby asprin and progesterone to prevent a miscarriage. When I asked my RE about it he said that once there is a BFP he will put me on it and there is no evidence it will help in the 2ww. I am not convinced though. I am going to continue to research but I think I want it anyway so i will just ask family doctor for it. 

What do you ladies think? Has your RE said it will make a difference in the 2ww. If that cycle is a BFN do you still get AF on time when on progesterone? Do you just take the progesterone for 14 days past O and then test and if a BFN go off and a BFP continue? Help please?! 

Our Girls
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
AquinnahDori
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Re: Progesterone

• Options

when i was seeing my first RE they tested my progesterone 7 DPO and it was low and they had me start progesterone every month 2 days after ovulation.  I did not get my period while on it.  I would go for beta tests 2 weeks after ovulation and

DS born 9/2009 ~

TTC baby #2 since January 2011 ~ BFP May 2011 -mc at 6 weeks ~ November 2012=CP ~ Jan 2012 started seeing RE dx: unexplained infertility ~Natural cycle 3/26/13-BFP on HPT!  3/28/13-beta#1 72  4/1/12-beta#2 440. 4/3/13-beta#3 970  EDD: 12/5/2013

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I started taking it after ovulation because I would start spotting 10days after ovulation. The month I got pregnant I didn't track ovulation I startled maybe f ive days past.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My progesterone was never low, but she would put me on it just in case after I got a BFP. THis my last IUI cycle she had me take it in the 2ww too. Since it was a BFN, I stopped taking it and I got AF within a few days.

Good luck to you. I hope t

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

With my 3 IUI's my RE had me start progesterone suppositories 2x a day starting 4 days after trigger shot. I kept it up until 14dpiui when I tested negative I would stop the progesterone and my period always started the next day.

If it had been

A + Life

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me:24 DH:27
    TTC #2 since August 2011

DX: Low AMH 1.79 Mildly elevated FSH 9.9

1 month of Letrozole, 3 IUI's with Letrozole, All BFN. 1 canceled IVF cycle, BFN.

May 2013 IVF w/ICSI #1.5: Start BCP 5/8 2 pills a day. Suppression Ultrasound 5/29. Begin Dexamethasone & Lupron Microdose 5/31. Started Gonal F and Menopur 6/2.

ER 6/12 13R,9M,8F.

5DT CANCELLED due to moderate OHSS

5DT UNcancelled due to embryos not being capable of cryopreservation

Transfered 2 "poor quality" embryo's on 6/17

No frozen embryos.

Beta #1 6/25 6. Chemical Pregnancy confirmed. Beta #2 6/28 -1
    Done trying

• Options

This was my first month on progesterone suppositories.  My RE started me on it due to a short luteal phase and chemical pregnancies.   I was told to take a HPT on day 14, if positive then I would be on progesterone for the

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"