Military Families

Moved and need help

While my husband is deployed, I'm staying with my parents in NM (Albuquerque). I was recommended to a midwife by a family friend who is a delivery nurse but turns out that the midwife and others in her practice don't take Tricare. I've talked to the Tricare office and all they would give me is a list of physicians and told me to ask my physician for a referral. Well, I've done that and they just told me to pick someone who worked with Presbyterian BUT not all the people who work with Presbyterian take Tricare and they don't know who does and doesn't. 

Anyone have any recommendations on who to get for a midwife?? 

Married 12.20.2010
BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Moved and need help

• I'm in New Mexico. UNM has a midwife clinic and they take TriCare. My boys were born at UNM and I had an amazing experience. I highly recommend it. Though I was in the MFM clinic because of my highrisk twins. Another of my friends just gave birth at
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I should add, please feel free to PM me with any other questions!
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! I actually meant to get back on this because I found a midwife finally and got an appointment set up. Thanks so much though!!
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Glad that you found someone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"