June 2013 Moms
Options

Please don't become this kind of mom...

I had a wonderful day today, until I made a phone call to the mother of one of my ninth graders. I explained that her daughter was at risk of failing the course, and that yesterday, I had caught her doodling and not copying any of the note down (for 30 minutes). She responded "Why is this a problem?" Then, she continued to grill me on my lessons and accuse me of trying to kill her daughter when I asked the class to compare the odours of various chemicals (it was a science lab, and the chemicals were salt, baking soda, and carbon).

Please, ladies, accept that your children CAN sometimes make mistakes, and remember that their teachers DO have their best interests at heart.

Vent over. Thanks. :)

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Please don't become this kind of mom...

• Options

Ok, so usually posts like this make me stabby, but that's pretty ridiculous. So I take back my previous eye roll when I first saw the title of this post and I'm sorry!

I understand this doesn't happen all the time, but I've seen it happen enough

Me and Zech

• Options
    imagesingahappysong:

Ok, so usually posts like this make me stabby, but that's pretty ridiculous. So I take back my previous eye ro

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think parents need to realize that 99 percent of the time their child is the problem. It's not the teacher that is the problem. Kids are allowed to do whatever they want at home, so it's hard to enforce things or have high expectations of kids at school
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
  • Options
    AchaeAchae member
    Maybe her daughter learns in a different way so she wants to know how you are teaching. Not everybody learns by taking notes!
  • Options
    imageStef1210:
    imagesingahappyso

Me and Zech

• Options
    It doesn't get better as they get older either. I used to work in customer service for a bank...I had many parents call for their kids ages between 20 and one was 39 and try to tell me how they are just children and shouldn't be held responsible for the
  • Options

imageLittleDuckie2013:

OMG, so true!

imageimage

• Options
    imageBrassyClarinet:

imageAch
    imageimage

• Options

imageAchae:
    Maybe her daughter learns in a different way so she wants to know how you are teaching. Not everybody learns by taking

Me and Zech

• Options
    I love teachers that are involved with their students and parents.  I get weekly progress notes from my son's teacher or talk by e-mail because my son is having a hard time learning to read, he's in kindergarten. He can hold an ad

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Options

imageLittleDuckie2013:

I just grabbed this sam

Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagelavonnallama:

imageAchae:</s
  • Options
    I am a middle school math teacher, and I can tell you 5 stories just like this off the top of my head. I'm sorry you cried! You've got to learn to let it go, but I know it's hard! After all, we got into the profession because we care. We always get the bl
  • Options
    jefkjefk member

imageamypogg6:
    I think parents need to realize that 99 percent of the time their child is the problem. It's not the teacher that is
  • Options
    I'm not an educator but I know when I got not so hot grades in school, my parents were all over me. I tried blaming the teacher, because what kid doesn't?, and they had no sympathy for me and I still got in trouble. I think nowadays parents expect way to
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I previously taught English at a high school.. and that crap KILLS ME!!!  We had a student that was obviously high at school, and when we called home about the kid's "odd behavior" (we can't come out and say "your kid is on drugs"), the mom blamed al
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options

I'm not a teacher, but darn do I respect the crap out of teachers! I know for a fact I wouldnt be able to handle it. Between the kids and the parents, I would be crying every day.  I am sorry you have to deal with people like this. I promise not t

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• Options
    Whoa.
    Wake up parents!!! In order to get a good grade, little Suzy has to do the work!!
    *Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"