April 2012 Moms

Just booked cake smash!!!

So excited! I just booked DD's photo shoot for her first birthday and I'm makin it a cake smash I can't wait!
I think I'm gonna dress her in just a tutu w pearls and a party hat!
Anyone else doing a cake smash? Photo shoot? Lets talk props and clothes!!!

Re: Just booked cake smash!!!

• mkwtmkwt member

That is a cool idea!  I will just take pictures of her at her birthday party.  I really doubt that she will even smash the cake, the girl does not like it when she had oatmeal on her hands, she wants me to wipe it off immediately!  I think your outfit sounds adorable! :)

• We just booked out cake smash and mini shoot too. Haven't really decided on an outfit for DS yet buy yours sounds cute.
  • Loading the player...
  • We booked our cake smash too and are so excited! I can't believe they are going to be one already!! I think for the cake smash part of the photo session, they will both be in some kind of diaper covers (color/theme to match the theme from the birthday party), and DD will wear pearls and a headband, DS will wear a tie... So much to think about-- I get so excited over this stuff.
  • We are still working out the date for the cake smash but i got onesies with a 1 and their name embroidered off etsy and maybe a pair of jeans. I should have them try getting dirty to make sure this isn't a waste.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How fun! I need to book a date. With our photographer still. Stinking st paddys and easter are messing everything up! I need both of those dates to hurry up and pass so I can concentrate on the big 1 party. No idea for outfit, boys are hard! I've exhausted the tie look and vest and sweater, not sure what's left.
    Kellen 4.27.12 Miller 6.30.13 Baby #3 edd 9.7.15
  • DD2 cake smash pictures are next weekend. I have her a tutu and a shirt that says 1st birthday her name. I also plan to use one of her birthday balloons too.

• imageAmyJoy728:

We are still working out the date for the cake smash but i got onesies with a 1 and their name embroidered off etsy and maybe a pair of jeans. I should have them try getting dirty to make sure this isn't a waste.

I am thinking of having P wear something similar to this too.  I might just make my own smash cake.

Where have you ladies ordered your smash cakes from?  A normally bakery? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • a "fake tier". that is such a good idea. Make it look fancier without having allthat cake go to waste. I think i'll try that too.
  • imageMrsA71208:
    imageAmyJoy728:

We are still working out the date for the cake smash but i got onesies with a 1 and their name embroidered off etsy and maybe a pair of jeans. I should have them try getting dirty to make sure this isn't a waste.

I am thinking of having P wear something similar to this too.  I might just make my own smash cake.

Where have you ladies ordered your smash cakes from?  A normally bakery? 

I'm just going to make my own cake. I actually bought the giant cupcake pan a few years ago for my first DD. 

• We did ours last weekend. My friend took the pics, I made the giant cupcake..let's see if I can get a few of the pics to post.....Etsy.com has outfits like this one, but  my other friend made her own version :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just did my LO"S cake smash myself a couple days ago. I ordered a backdrop and floordrop off mardel.com and then added a baseboard to it. We "made" our backdrop holder out of a clothing rack and PVC pipe. LOL. I also made a pennant banner with pink scrapbook paper and hung it on the backdrop. It looked really cute!

My DD wore a pink tutu and hairband and that's it. I made her another tutu myself in pink, purple, and blue and a matching tulle headband for her party. I didn't want to use it for her cake smash in case it got ruined since her party will be in May. I bought a "my first birthday" onesie at walmart to go with her b-day outfit! pics came out soooooooo cute! I also made her cupcake cake for her cake smash.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"