November 2012 Moms

How do you make Mommy friends?

Seriously.  None of me or my Dh's friends are married or have kids and we are slowly losing touch with them.  It's really hard to go out with them when our baby's bedtime schedule begins at 7:00pm and all our friends are in the 20s and don't go out until 9:00pm.  The most we can hope for is an afternoon brunch date.  I find myself going to the park with W trying to "pick up" other new moms, and it's been really hard and I feel a bit like a creeper.  I guess I should have posted this on the B&M Monday!  Anyway, anyone else having trouble with this?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How do you make Mommy friends?

• When I had my FB I was in the same boat as you. Do you bump/nest on your local boards? I've met a ton of mommy friends through there. Once my FB hit about 6 months we'd go to music class, the park, story time, etc and slowly I made friends through there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Is it bad that I'm content with just hubby and the step-kids? :). I've heard that you can look up mommy groups so maybe you can google it. I found an exercise baby group with strollers or something but they are all during the day so for a wor

Pregnancy Ticker
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • I also would like advice on this!!

I work with a mom close to my age whose son is just one month older than DS, but she also has 4 stepsons that she almost always has with her. So that makes it a little difficult. Like techgoddess said, all o
  • Our hospital sponsors a parenting group with babies with similar birthdates. Perhaps yours offers something similar? Ours is twice a month only and each meeting we have a milestone topic and socialize.

I've also joined a music class with her
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks guys. Thinking of joining a 'mommy and me' music class, let you know how it goes.  Til then, I'm on the prowl!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think going to the classes is a great idea, but I think you have to also kind of put yourself out there and trade phone numbers and/or make a definite plan to have coffee, plan a playdate whatever, too.  At the classes I've been to, people are n

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"