Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Judging...

This seems like a word that is thrown around on the bump. But I'm getting annoyed.

If I try to make the best decisions for myself and child and these aren't main stream, I MUST be an uptight judgmental person who doesnt know anything on how everything really goes down.

Yes, I'm a FTM, but through research I've made decisions I think will be best for my family. I'm not judging others for doing whatever they want to do.

I am concerned on how it will work with my kid and family doing things different in family and social situations. But I'll pass that bridge when I get there.

Anyone else feel judged for being ecofriendly?

Re: Judging...

• Options

I know exactly how you feel. 

We live out in the country and found ourselves expressing our eco-minded and sustainability ideas with hobby farming.
    Mostly, people tell me how lucky my kids are and how cool it must be to raise some of our

• Options
    imageduskydelysh:
    I know exactly how you feel.nbsp;We live out in the country and found ourselves expressing our ecominded and sustainab
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm agree with kbruigton,I don't see that point of judging people of the way they live or raise their kids,not because I'm a ecofrendly and try to eat organic food means that I'm going to make less others,just remember no body is less or more than any one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If there is actually an ecological crisis or global warming it is a justice issue at a level broader than the individual. Obviously how we raise our kids will make a difference much more broadly felt than in our own homes. our ethical choises are judgemen
  • Options
    I've been judged harshly and ridiculed by those closest to me way more than I have ever judged others. It's been very disheartening to not have any support from those that mean the most to me. My girlfriends think I've gone crazy and turned into a hippy a
  • Options
    well when it comes to judging there are those who are actually a bit judgy or come off that way because of HOW they say things. straight up telling one mother that what she is doing is wrong because its not what you are doing is being judgey and so is com

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagekbruington:
    Why care at all what kind of eggs some one else buys eggs are just the example being thrown around? Why waste
  • Options
    Kbruigton

I have a problem with the phrase many people throw around. That they can't afford it. Honestly if people ate out less or ate less processed foods I honestly believe they could eat a well balanced organic diet. At least eating the di
  • Options
    I don't think is about conformist attitude,is about society,is easy for us that we are at home taking care of are family by making EF chooses ,but don't forget that is a lot of people that have two jobs,or is people that are too busy trying to raise their
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageYellowLily2013:
    Kbruigton I have a problem with the phrase many people throw around. That they can't afford it. Honestly if
  • Options

Just wanted to jump in here for a minute and share. 

My friends and family used to make fun of me back when I was a smoker (I know, I know...) because I refused to throw my cigarettes out. I had what we called the "Bloomin' Onion o' Butts i

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekbruington:

Not trying to start a fight but that right there is part of the problem! What about families that don't know

• Options
    imageduskydelysh:
    [What *I do* have a problem with, can't be confused with anything other than mean spir
  • Options
    imageSteph&Harry08:

imageYell
  • Options

Hahaha...funny enough, it's cheaper to buy eggs at the store than from a farm.  

LOL! and it's cheaper to buy eggs from the farm than it is to be
  • Options
    imageSteph&Harry08:
    imagelcheria
  • Options
    Interesting thread...I was raised by true back-to-the-land 1970s "hippie" parents, and I plan to raise my LO (due in July) in the same EF fashion. What I found throughout childhood & as an adult, is that "regular" consumers often feel judged by
  • Options

Yes, unfortunately my husband and I are graduate students and we live with his mother (actually I get judged a lot for this in general!).  

She passes judgement on me for wanting to cloth diaper, and I don't think she is willing to com

• Options
    imagetrudibell:

Yes, unfortunately my husband and I are graduate students and we live with his mother (actually I get judged a lot

• Options

Every day! My family thinks that everything I have done so far has been as some kind of protest against the way I was raised.

And yeah, sometimes I'm motivated by the fact that I want my baby to grow up healthier than I did... but I don't hold i

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"