VBAC
Options

Really can't decide between augmentation and scheduled section

nycnolanycnola member
I've posted on here before about this, but I am so, so torn. I had a horrible, horrible, induction. I hated every second of it, and of course, had the section, so I have nothing but bad memories. My OB won't let me go past 41 weeks (but it will really be 41w2d), and I have to go in for either "augmentation"- where she breaks my bag, uses the foley, gives a tiny bit of pit, OR straight to the scheduled section. I just don't know if I want to go through another induction-like experience again when I am already getting mentally prepped for another section, you know? I think I will be super anxious and freaked out- not great for helping my body get ready for birth. Thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Really can't decide between augmentation and scheduled section

• Options

I had a long 59 hour nightmare induction with DD#1.  I checked into the hospital on Sunday and was wheeled into the OR Wednesday morning.  It was one of the worst experiences of my life.  So, I totally get where you're coming from.&

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My water broke, so I was induced. After about 6 hours on pitocin with no progress, I was feeling csection pressure. Ds was born an hour later fortunately.
    I
    IMO, with vbacs, most providers don't allow the induction to last as long.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wasn't induced either time, but I decided that I would get an epidural or ask for a RCS if my second labor or pushing lasted more than x hours, or I was starting to get exhausted. Would having a set plan of when you'd be okay with a RCS help? Is it the
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options

I know we act based on our experiences so I can understand why you're wary of inductions. My first c/s was due to breech baby. For my vbac, my water broke prior to the start of labor. My vbac was augmented with the foley bulb and pit. Everything went f

DS1: August 2009 (emergency c/s, HELLP syndrome) DS2: September 2012 (VBAC)
  • Options

This is intresting because my Dr told me that inducing was too dangerous after a c-section. I am scheduled for  a c-section, but she did say if I went into labor before my scheduled appt, I could try.

If your induction was that bad, I would

• Options

I can't speak from experience, so I'll say that first. As I consider your options though, one thing that pops up is that no two birth experiences are the same, and that can be true to your benefit.

Your favorability for an induction for a second

• Options
    imagezsynez:

This is intresting because my Dr told me that inducing was too dangerous after a c-section. I am scheduled for  a

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

All of these responses have been so helpful. I think I will go in for augmentation, so I don't always wonder "what if", and in case it works and I end up with a VBAC. Thanks, ladies, I really appreciate it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"