Eco-Friendly Family
Options

I know no'poo Qs are ignored here but...

I just have a couple questions.

I've tried unsuccessfully to go no'poo and it drives me crazy I haven't been able to figure it out. I am currently using trader joe's tea tree shampoo/conditioner and once a week I still rinse with ACV. I noticed that my hair feels super greasy even on the odd washes when I don't use ACV. Any ideas why?

I've tried baking soda/ACV and my hair was either too greasy or too stripped and got brittle and staticky. I tried making my own with coconut milk and castille soap and rinsing with ACV but I never got past the greasy stage, gross.

Re: I know no'poo Qs are ignored here but...

• Options

I flip flop a lot between shampoo and no poo.

I found that when I got lazy with the no poo (not mixing in water with a cup and squirt bottle... just using baking soda to make a paste in my hand etc) it got terrible.  I've also come to terms

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Using just baking soda was giving me dandruff like mad and leaving my hair greasy so I added some drops of tea tree oil, If my hair is super dry, I will put a tiny amount of coconut oil on it as a leave in conditioner. You have to be careful with that,

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't nopoo but I only wash my hair weekly and it hardly gets oily at all. So ive definitely trained it!

As for the ACV are you using it diluted? If not maybe that would give you more consistency between the dry and oily. I would use it eac
  • Options
    Perhaps my input is invalid because all but the fine "baby hair"/bangs/loose hairs that lines my face, my hair has been in locks for 3 years- but those baby hairs have gotten used to the no'poo as well (i loved castile soap but it started gunking up my lo

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

I'll try again, I'm just too impatient sometimes.

I think I'm going to try diluting the ACV a bit more and maybe investing in a shower filter, our town has super hard water and I think that might be causing proble
  • Options
    When I did it I got lazy after a while and just dusted baking soda through my scalp and rubbed it in under the shower, then rinsed with ACV (with lavender oil added). It worked, but it was extra work and I still couldn't go too long without washing. When
  • Options

It could be the hard water. I've been no 'poo for about a year now, and I tapered off regular shampooing before switching over. First, I went from lather, rinse, repeat, to just one lather and rinse. Then I slowly tapered off from washing my hair every

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I switched from shampoo to castile soap a few months ago. It took a really long time for my hair to adjust. The roots were greasy, oily and gross. After about three months I switched to BS and ACV, which I've been doing for a few days now. So far, it's

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"