Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Whole milk substitute?

DS gets diarrhea from whole milk, so I was giving him almond milk and coconut milk. I called the pedi and asked what else I can give him. They recommended 2 percent cows milk. He did fine for a day, but back to diarrhea. I was told not to drink too much soy while pg with DS bc there's estrogen in soy and too much isn't great for a boy, so I'm hesitant to give him soy bc of that. DH watched one of those survival shows and they said coconut wasn't good bc of giving you diarrhea. I told him he's nuts and that is in the wild where its raw and not put thru a sterilization process. However, I do think twice about giving it to him now. What do you give you LO if they had a reaction to cow's milk?
TIA!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Whole milk substitute?

• Options
    I second the goat's milk.  DS doesn't have any reaction that I am aware of, he gets cow's milk in his yogurt, but to supplement breast milk, I just started giving him goats milk as well.  So far, so good.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kgwenkgwen member
    Maybe he is lactose intolerant?  Try lactose free milk?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told that coconut milk was a great idea by my pedi- it has tons of fat too. Great for the little ones. Hemp milk (which is only at WHole Foods in my area) is also full of fat and great for them too
  • Options
    I spoke to our ped about this today, but because DD refuses WCM, she will not drink it at all.  Anyway, the ped said Almond milk is the most nutritionally complete, but to get something unsweetened or lightly sweetened because they can have lots of e
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    Goat milk and hemp milk are the 2 best substitutes from my limited reading on it.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options

Hemp, almond, and coconut are all good alternatives if dairy is out.

And if your doc suggested 2% when you said whole milk didn't work he's kinda a moron. If its a casein (milk protein) problem, 2% has more of it. If you it's a lactose (milk suga

IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We do unsweetened almond. He still eats some products with dairy, but it gives him eczema. I'm not worried he's lacking in the brain development department. My 17 month old has better memory retention than me.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageRoxRing:
    We do unsweetened almond. He still eats some products with dairy, but it gives him eczema. I'm not worried he's lac
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"