September 2013 Moms

Annoying People in the Waiting Room vent

So at my doctor's office there has been a couple incidents of REALLY annoying people in the waiting room. Like, the kind of people who talk and talk and talk to you about stuff you don't care about and they don't understand any social cues that you DON'T CARE. There was one yesterday while I was waiting and the woman was yelled "Is Dr. Brown running late?!?!" across the room and when no one answers she just laughs to herself. (uuuh.) Then she says loudly, "My sciatica is really acting up today!!!" No one responds. 

So after a couple minutes of the weirdo being weird, my mom said to me quietly "Imagine if the baby turns out to be a boy" and then we were talking quietly about it for a second. Then the woman goes "Oh so do you know what you're having?!" Uhhh we were talking quietly for a reason, you aren't supposed to be listening!!!

So of course after that she talks about how she was 6 1/2 months pregnant and didn't know blah blah blah and how her newborn's name is Lexi because her other daughter is Mackenzie and how she has trouble spelling her name (she even showed us how her daughter makes her letters). I was soooo happy when my name was called. 

So, do you guys have annoying people like this? I'm worried that when I take a class I will have people like this and I'm scared haha. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg

Re: Annoying People in the Waiting Room vent

• Just encountered a woman like this yesterday in the waiting room. I just made sure to avoid eye contact with her at all costs. Loud conversations in a waiting are so embarrassing to me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSevenR7:
    Just encountered a woman like this yesterday in the waiting room. I just made sure to avoid eye contact with her at a

• Loading the player...
  • I love my doctor bc we almost never have to hang out in the waiting room. They usually bring us somewhere else, to draw blood, wait in an exam room, etc. I think it started after my losses, and they knew it would be uncomfortable for us to wait in an offi
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • imageravenclaw1:
    I love my doctor bc we almost never have to hang out in the waiting room. They usually bring us somewhere else, to

• I haven't had that, but on my first appt, there was a couple there filling out paperwork. I'm guessing the woman was new to the practice and was also pregnant. He was filling it out for her, but was asking her all the questions. I was slightly annoyed, bu
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• eyriseyris member

This happened to me before I got pregnant.  I went to my OB because my cycles were irregular.

This super obnoxious woman sat next to me and just started talking to me about all of her medical conditions (she was probably 40-50 but had an oxy

My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• lol!!! I have no patience at the moment for people like that...anytime we have someone like that in the waiting room DH and I just start speaking Afrikaans....crazy people back off when you speak another language:)
  • I get annoyed when people talk on their cell phones in full blown conversations. At my last appt. a woman decided to check in on stuff. She must be a case worker or something because she was talking about patients getting discharged to the her facility. F
  • I have no patience for that either! I would much rather sit quietly tapping away on my phone than force a conversation. Luckily, my OB has us check-in, go directly to the lab for our urine and the nurse rooms us right after. I rarely see any other patient
    Dailey 10/29/2009 BFP! 7/12/2010 Welcomed our beautiful baby boy TTC#2 Since 10/2011 5/21/2012 BFP! 6/30/2012 Missed Miscarriage 1/4/2012 BFP!! Stick, baby, stick! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • My doctor's office has a lot of chairs in the waiting room so there are plenty of places to sit. A couple of appointments ago, a couple sat right beside us REEKING of cigarette smoke. REALLY? Of all the places to sit, you choose to sit next to us smelling
    imageBabyFetus Ticker

BFP #1- 9/16/2012 MMC- 10/24/2012 (8.5 weeks, baby measured 6 weeks 1 day with no heartbeat) D&C-10/30/2012 BFP #2- 12/23/2012 Due 9/5/2013 Please be our rainbow baby!
  • Sadly, this sounds just like my MIL. She's very nice but her personality is incredibly annoying. I'm talking nails on a chalkboard annoying.

She just doesn't get social cues at all. She'll talk and tallk and talk about things that no o

• I haven't had this problem, at least not at the OB. I work and live in the same town and my OB office is also in my town, so I have yet to be in the waiting room without running into bank customers. Then I'm forced to have awkward conversations with them

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image

• My only issue is when a pregnant woman's ENTIRE family comes. Like I'm not talking immediate...but aunts, uncles, cousins, and even their friends. You can tell the receptionists and medical assistants are annoyed because there isn't that much room in the

image image  image  image

• Wow! It seems you all have had to deal with some funny people in waiting rooms. I have not had the pleasure. Hopefully I won't encounter this type if behavior at my OB visits in the future.
  • imageSurfergirl013:
    lol!!! I have no patience at the moment for people like that...anytime we have someone like that in the waiting room
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lol!!! I have no patience at the moment for people like that...anytime we have someone like that in the waiting room DH and I just sta

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"