December 2013 Moms

OB appt @ 8 weeks?

Hi ladies!  I just scheduled an appoitment with an OB - It is on April 30th - that will be 8 weeks from my LMP.  I am sure this is normal, but I was dissappointed that she didn't get me in earlier.  If the 1st trimester is so important, I wonder why they don't get you in early to let you know what to do.  I googled - and there are some things that I never would have thought of.  No Visine?  Ooops - used that ED until today, no Brie cheese? WTF? LOL.  I am going to miss that more than wine...ok maybe I will miss them the same.

What else have you girls learned to avoid before going to the OB? 

Thanks!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: OB appt @ 8 weeks?

• No deli meat and hotdogs was one I didn't know before.

ETA: I've heard that if you cook the deli meat to steaming hot before eating it, it's okay.

• About the deli meat lol I learned with DD that if you microwave it for 30 seconds on HIGH it kills the listeria viruses that could be there
       EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • It is very typical for them to not take you until 8 or 10 week.  Don't worry, the docs don't tell you what not to do anyway.  Can you find pasteurized brie?  Soft cheeses are only bad if they aren't pasteurized and most cheese found in the
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's normal...mine doesn't schedule until 8 weeks either! Unless you're a high risk

• imageLLanier85:
    It's normal...mine doesn't schedule until 8 weeks either! Unless you're a high risknbsp;nbsp;

imageimage    
    imageimage
  • I just found out that I am pregnant with our first child! My husband and I are thrilled! If only I could get into my ob sooner, we are going on April 16! Can't wait! What symptoms are people having so far?
  • imageadawn1981:
    no Brie cheese? WTF? LOL.

You should be fine with most cheeses as long as they're pasteu
  • imagehheyderh:
    It is very typical for them to not take you until 8 or 10 week.  Don't worry, the docs don't tell you what not
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • I was wondering about this! I thought it was kind of weird that I wouldn't have tests or anything done until week 8 or 9, but things are going pretty smoothly so I'm not worried.

I guess it's kinda fun that I might get to hear the heartbeat

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"