Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Anyone use Honest Company products?

Has anyone tried Honest Company products? If so, do you like them? Why or why not? Thanks! 
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone use Honest Company products?

• Options
    I'm interested to see what people say... I've been thinking about trying their sunscreen. I've heard that their customer service is great...
  • Options

I've purchased, but haven't used much yet. We're planning to cloth diaper, but I ordered a few packs of their disposables for the hospital and as back ups. I got their travel wipes, too, for when we're out and about.

So far, I've used the all purpose cleaner in my kitchen, and I really like it. A lot of the 'green' products have been to strong scented for me still, but this one doesn't bother me at all.

And I bought the little scrubby dish brush and LOVE it. I don't know why I love it so much - maybe because it feels cleaner than a sponge and looks nicer than a regular scrub brush? Even dh commented on how much easier it is to do dishes with it.

I'm still waiting to try the shampoo / bodywash when my current bottle runs out.

(I was given a gift card, hence the shopping spree.) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just browsed online and the prices seemed kind of high to me... I like hearing feedback though! if they are worth the price I might try them out sometime.
  • Options
    We just purchased a bundle from them. My children and I have very sensitive skin and these products are worth the additional cost for us. I don't think the cost is that outrageous though. I love  the shampoo/body wash, diapers, wipes and the hand soap. I am looking forward to trying the cleaning products and sunscreen that are coming with our next bundle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lydia Eloise (5/25/10)
    Nora Annabelle (2/14/12)
    M/C 6.5 weeks (1/29/14) EDD (9/21/14)
  • Options
    I've tried pretty much all of their products and really like them. We cloth diaper full time but on a few occasions we have bought the disposables and we really like them! The wipes are great. I use the kitchen dish soap and dish washing pods. I plan on getting the sunscreen this year. I like the hand soap. The spot remover works great but it rates an F on EWG. I asked them about this and they said one natural ingredient can be harmful in a large dose but their formula is safe. I don't use it anymore just to be safe.
  • Options
    We cloth diaper except when we go on trips to our hometown, and we use their diapers when we go. They're fantastic diapers and come in adorable prints.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've been using them for a year. My daughter had really sensitive skin when she was born, even the store bought organic type/7th generation etc left her with horrible rashes that led to staph infections. The honest diapers finally cleared her up. I love the wipes, the diapers and all the cute prints. They give me way more than I need for a month, so I push my delivery date back each month. Saves some money and I use cloth sometimes too.
  • Options
    I just started using their wipes after gdiapers changed their wipe formula from awesome to horrendous. They are really great, thick wipes and I'm super happy with them. One is enough for the vast majority of DS's poops.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I have been using them for about a year also.  I really like their shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, body oil and hand soap.  The diapers and wipes are great too.  I wasn't a big fan of their dishwasher detergent, but I believe they have reformulated it.  They also reformulated their sunscreen, it's great now (the old one was so whitening my son looked like a ghost)!  If you get the bundle, the prices are reasonable ($36 for 5 products).  The EWG Skin Deep database is a great resource to find safe products - most of the Honest products scored well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I did their product bundle for a few months and stocked up on products.  I like how they rate on EWG, so that's good. I love the body wash for my son. He has sensitive skin and it has the softest scent. I don't love the scent of the lotion, but it's great too. I have used their laundry soap and while there's nothing noticeably amazing about it, it's not bad.  I have their sun screen and bug spray to use this summer. 

I didn't use the products fast enough, so I cancelled my subscription and it was no big deal.  I'm thinking about ordering more lotion though since I'm out and I don't like any lotion that I've found as much. 

*Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
  • Options
    kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I've been using the shampoo for a couple of weeks now, and I definitely think it's worth the cost. I have had so many compliments on how healthy my hair is looking since about 5 days after I started it. I have fine, wispy hair and anything that makes it look thicker is worth every penny for me. :)
  • Options
    I had a very unpleasant experience.  My son has eczema and I used the lotion and at first I loved it then by day 3 his skin had dried out so horribly that when I applied the lotion he screamed for 15 minutes because it had burned his skin so badly.  Not a fan. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"