Pre-School and Daycare

3 year bday party time??

I'm planning a small bday party for our soon to be 3 year old. She has become extremely inconsistent with napping, so she either doesn't or she could wake as late as 4:30. That's a separate issue. We were thinking of having the party at 11 and providing lunch for a few of her friends and our family. What do you think of this time? It is the only time I can come up with where I think she will be pleasant and awake. We also are hoping it will be warm enough to play outside because my husband bought a bounce house. Any thoughts? What has worked for you?
BFP #4 11/21/12 - EDD 8/2/12 BFP#3 Missed m/c 9 wk 3 days. D & c 4/27/12. :( BFP #2 8/10/09 - DD Born April 2010 BFP #1 Suspected Ectopic 4/09 - Methotrexate

Re: 3 year bday party time??

• I would do the party at 11:30 or 12. 11 is on the early side for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• rsd12rsd12 member
    I think 11 is a good time if that works for you! I have had birthday parties at different times 11, 12, 3, 4... the later ones usually last a lot longer too! Never had any problems with friends coming. One of my friends had a 10 am brunch for her daughter
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that's a good time for a party.  We had DD's third birthday party at 11, people were eating lunch by 12, anyone who needed to leave for a nap was gone by 1 or 2.  DD still naps every day, but she did miss her nap on her birthday(too much
  • We always do all our parties around 4pm to avoid it falling during any of our kid or others nap time. I have my 2 kids plus 5 nieces and nephews all under 4 years old.
    a>Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • I think 11 is a good time for a party!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Based on the fact that there will probably be a lot of kids at the party I think 11 am would work fine.  Most 2-5 year olds are good and awake at this time (at least from my experience)

• imagecmeon_the_water:
    I love it when birthday parties are earlier in the day- 11 is fine, 10:30 is even better. It's just so nice w
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At age 3, my kids napped right after lunch for me 11, would get a bit hard for the end of the party.  At that age, I did parties from 10-11:30 and so did many of the girls friends.  It just seemed to work - our daycare center had the kids eating
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • We just had DD's 4th birthday and it was 11-12:30.  We were at a party place, but they were out by 12:30 and everyone went home to nap. 

• Another vote for early.  Leaves time for afternoon naps and other afternoon activities.  We are having DS's at 10-12 and did last year as well.
  • This year we did 11 and loved it! It was perfect because ds was still able to take his nap once everyone left. It did not ruin the day by having it in the middle of the afternoon either.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • We're doing 11-1 for dd's party next month. :-)

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"