Third-Party Reproduction
Options

New here and a few questions about gestational surrogacy

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting, and I hope someone will have a similar story to mine. I am 32, husband is 34, and we do not have any children. I am currently on two anti anxiety medications which I have been unsuccessful getting off of, so at this point I am going to say that I will be staying on them. However, I feel uncomfortable being on these medications and being pregnant and what this might do to the baby, plus I have a great fear of being sick (vomiting) and the idea of birthing my own baby scares me to death. I've been on birth control since I was 16 (started it due to bad menstrual cramps) so we have never tried to get pregnant so I have no idea if I could if I tried. I had a friend that did gestational surrogacy (her eggs and her husband's sperm), and another women just carried the baby. Once I heard about that, that instantly appealed to me. We can still have a baby genetically related to both of us, but I won't have to deal with my fears of being pregnant or having the baby. My husband is almost on board with this idea, and we plan to see the Repro/Endo doctor soon to discuss. 

Does anyone have a story like mine? Most everyone I read about is doing surrogacy because they have run out of options. We have never even tried to get pregnant, and I suppose some doctors would say that anti anxiety meds are fine to be on while pregnant, but I just don't want to take that risk. I guess my question is, if I want to do gestational surrogacy and am willing to pay for it, can a doctor say they won't do it? What factors might disqualify me?

I truly feel that being pregnant would just put me over the edge with my anxiety and I would not be able to handle it, and the whole time I would just be fearing how this baby is going to come out of me. I feel like if I did not have that experience, but got a genetically related baby in the end, that would be better for me mental health wise all around. I hope that does not sound selfish, I am just curious if I'm totally off my rocker here or anyone else feels the same as I do? Thanks for anyone who wants to comment. 

Re: New here and a few questions about gestational surrogacy

• Options

I've never heard of a story like yours... but I am a surrogate. 

I think that any agency will take you as a client, because it means money for them. That won't be your problem.

You'l

My Signature won't work! I am a proud mommy of two (1&3) and starting an adventure to help a family having a baby through surrogacy. ***My Surrogacy Blog*** http://www.themandyloo.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Ditto the others.  Not sure if an RE would approve you using surro for the reasons you mentioned (honestly I think that should be your first call before you think about surrogacy).  Like the others said, I did this to help a couple that have "ru

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I really appreciate everyones thoughts and no one has offended me. Like I said, I feel like my situation is unique and I would have to find the right person that would be willing to help me and be my surrogate. I have double edged sword-as in if I prob

• Options

Just putting in my 2 cents if it's irrelevant - pls ignore. People's families and the way they grow them are deeply personal choices, so I have no opinion on anyone's choice.

However having said that - having a new baby can be hard work and lots

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"