August 2013 Moms

Gown/Robe for Delivery

Has anyone else started looking for a gown/robe for the delivery room? All the ones I've found are RIDICULOUSLY priced. Like to the point I'm considering making mine... Or attempting to. Does anyone have any better suggestions?
Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Gown/Robe for Delivery

• Ok, STMs, would something like this be as functional as they're claiming it to be?

https://www.prettypushers.com/products/idreamofsushideliverygown
  • I personally find them a waste of money. You are going to labor in it and probably ruin it because it will get stuff all over it so IMO it is not really something I want to spend the extra on.
    imageimageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • imageamarissa85:
    I personally find them a waste of money. You are going to labor in it and probably ruin it because it will get stuff
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sil suggested I short cheap night gown. I can find them on sale for five bucks

I'm currently arguing with my mom about the fact that I'm allowed to wear a bra.
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • not worth it to me- the hospital gown was perfectly comfortable for the moment
    I did however make sure to take my brother's socks for delivery, which my mom had worn in a couple surgeries, I just wanted to include him some how since he's not with us.<b
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know people love the pretty gowns, and they do look nicer, but I just couldn't spend the money on them. Anything I wear for the first 24 hours is ruined, not to mention what I wore during delivery.

Our hospital has nursing gowns. They aren

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• The pretty pushers look cute. But if you are large chested either normally or just because your getting ready to nurse I would think the last thing you want is a halter top.
  • LEMSALEMSA member
    Ill prob get one for the pics after. Make it look like I labored all cute in a gown. Haha. Ill also be wearing a sports bra at the most. If I am able to do a water birth then a tankini top. Or that's the plan at least.
  • imagekatiebenes:
    My sil suggested I short cheap night gown. I can find them on sale for five bucks

I'm currently arguing wi
    imageimageimageimage

• imageamarissa85:
    imagekatiebenes:</s

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• We're free to wear what ever we choose at the hospital I had DD at. I labored in the clothes I had on that day because I was comfortable (tee, jersey knit skirt). Once my water broke I changed into a long sleep shirt, boy shorts (refused cervical check

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wouldn't bother... I puked and bled all over my delivery gown. I'm definitely using the hospitals this time around and will change into some soft cute jammies after all is said and done.
             image         image
  • My concern isn't so much with the vanity or looking good. It's more I don't foresee the hospital gowns being overly comfortable.
  • imagefirefly8490:
    My concern isn't so much with the vanity or looking good. It's more I don't foresee the hospital gowns being overly co
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• I think they are pointless and a ware of money.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I wouldn't spend the money. Cute, yes. Functional, no. I went out and bought some cute/comfy clothing to labor in. By the time the real thing started, I could have cared less what I was wearing. Not to mention, I wouldn't want to worry about my water brea
    8.7.04 Married the Man
    7.16.11 Welcomed the Boy (#1)
    8.19.13 Welcomed the Boy (#2)

• I've had quite a few surgeries, and I associate hospital gowns with being sick.

The birthing gowns are supposed to be just as a accessible to the staff as a regular one. I plan to ask my hospital in advance and then get one. I don't care what
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagemagdalina.h:
    I think they are pointless and a ware of money.

Completely agree. What I looked like

• imagefirefly8490:
    My concern isn't so much with the vanity or looking good. It's more I don't foresee the hospital gowns being overly co
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • I bought a couple of comfy nightgowns for the hospital. It turned out to be a good idea, as I was in the hospital 8 days and 7 nights. It was nice to be able to wear something that felt normal. During the peak of labor and delivery, I was just naked, thou
  • I don't know about buying a gown specifically for delivery but I know a couple moms that had cute and simple clothing for after the baby was born, and when visitors came to the hospital.  One mom had some cute Victoria's Secret pants and zip up hoodi
    BFP #1 - 12/7/2012 - EDD 8/14/2013 - DD born 8/17/2013
    BFP #2 - 3/31/2014 - EDD 12/6/2014 - Natural miscarriage on 4/28/2014
    BFP #3 - 8/4/2014 - EDD 4/12/2015 - Chemical Pregnancy discovered on 8/13/2014

• imagelyndz333:
    I don't know about buying a gown specifically for delivery but I know a couple moms that had cute and simple clothing for
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• I know everyone is different, but the last thing I wanted after I gave birth was pants. Nurses and doctors poke and prod you for we'll over a day after you have your kid. You're bleeding all over the place and will most likely have an ice pack in between

• HUGE waste of money.
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Buy some pajamas for after the delivery.

What you wear to birth a child gets covered in blood and poop, so you don't want to just have one. I went through two or three gowns and ended up naked.

• I guess I should say its more for labor than delivery. The one in the link I posted has ties on the belly for fetal monitor and a slit in the back for the epidural which I'm wanting to try to avoid, as well as being functional for breastfeeding and skinto
  • Well, if your goal is to avoid the epidural, you can labour at home. By the time I got to the hospital, I was far enough along in labour they could have dressed me in anything and I would have neither noticed nor cared. In fact, that's why I ended up n

• imagetokenhoser:
    Well, if your goal is to avoid the epidural, you can labour at home. By the time I got to the hospital, I was far enoug

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"