Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Nose Frida?

I don't even know if that is the name of it... it's the alternative to the traditional bulb style nasal aspirator?

Does anyone have this... is it actually worth it and why?

I have a little bug with a super runny nose, I can even hear it bubbling around in there when she breaths but I can not get it all out with our hospital bulb sucker :( which is by far the best one I've used. She is even game for using it too! Most kid's I know hate the things but she actually holds her head still for it and giggles when it sucks. So it isn't a problem of her fighting it... 

Does anyone know any other remedies for a stuffy/runny nose like this? Anything I can give her or try before she goes to bed so she can breath easier and actually get some sleep. Our normal 4+ hours of nap time has only been 45mins today.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Nose Frida?

• Options

We use the nose frida and it is far superior to the bulb.  DS actually sits still for it now b/c he knows it will take all the boogies out.  He's 13 months.

Totally worth it.  We use that and the humidifier when he's sick.

• Options

the best thing ever!

:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have it and LOVE it.  Like above post, far superior to the bulb.  I will say that it is difficult when the child doesn't like it.  My DD doesn't like it much, but it really does help her breathe better.  I do have to hold her a c

Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We love it and have used it regularly for every cold since about 3 months.  DD isn't a fan but it helps her sleep.  I also use a saline spray first (especially in the morning when all the snot is caked in her nose) and that helps.
  • Options
    It's awesome-- be sure to buy the replacement sponge "snot blockers" as we call them. Otherwise you might get an unpleasant surprise, especially with liquid boogers!
  • Options
    Yep, it is amazing.  I also use saline drops first.  And like the above poster, my LOs learned to blow their noses around 12 months, but the Nose Frida certainly still helps in a pinch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't live without our Nose Frida.  No joke.  I honestly think that if we had this from the beginning instead of those crappy bulbs that don't suction jack than maybe DS wouldn't have gotten pnuemonia at 2 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi, usually lurk here but I have to agree with PP's. The Nosefrida is the best! We started using it when DS was tiny, and it works great! Now we get them for all of our friends at their baby showers. Do get the replacement filters too, though! Helps
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"