Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Your latest impulse buy?

Went to Home Depot, to look for baby room colors.. Saw a nice 10x12 rug for like 200, supposedly... but the sign that said "Starting from 200" was covered up by another rug. The rug ended up being 299, with the associate being a totally snarky douche bag. Which in turn, made me a snarky douche bag. I said no forget it, I don't want it for this price it's a little too much, and walked away. After the Wife scolded me about getting too angry so fast, I defended myself by saying he works in a customer based business and needs to have more patience with customers. We ran into the same associate later, who must have heard my gripe and said look, the best I can do on that rug is 250. Win. Got the rug for 270, instead of 350-ish after tax. 

Re: Your latest impulse buy?

• Options
    PrimePrime member
    More beer for the house.  I am generally very stingy with money and don't impulse buy often, but lately I just keep buying new beers to try despite the fact that the fridge is already full and I have 15 gallons of homebrew on tap.

• Options

imagePrime:
    More beer for the house.  I am generally very stingy with money and don't impulse buy often, but lately I just kee
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PrimePrime member
    Right now I have a hoppy brown ale and two pale ales that were made with experimental hops from a local college's hop breeding program.

• Options
    I'm so drooling right now. I'm a sucker for brown and pale... I'm gonna get the Mr. Beer kit down and start a batch, let it sit in my crawlspace until October lol.
  • Options
    :O! Holy Sheet Batman.
  • Options
    I can't remember my last impulse buy that was over $100 that I didn't at least save up for the purchase.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Probably the $30 ticket I somehow lucked upon for Dark Lord Day at Three Floyd's Brewery in Indiana.  $30 may not seem like much but that golden ticket is going to get me one helluva delicious beer. 

• Options
    PrimePrime member

imagefutant462:
    Probably the $30 ticket I somehow lucked upon for Dark Lord Day at Three Floyd's Brewery in Indiana.  $30 may

• Options
    imagePrime:

imagefutant462:</

• Options
    Bought some Titan IPA 7.1 alc/volume. Daddy likes.
  • Options
    PrimePrime member

imageT3hHusband:
    Bought some Titan IPA 7.1 alc/volume. Daddy likes.

Great Divide makes some good stuff. &n

• Options
    First time I've had it. I'm a little irked that I paid 20 bucks for it, but it's damn good.
  • Options

I can't remember the last impulse buy of any significance was.  Our last big purchase was a big TV to replace the one that crapped out (it was an old projection screen TV and it looked like you were watching 3D without the glasses)... but we plann

• Options

The last thing I saved up for was a new charcoal grill.  Raccoons broke my gas grill years ago so it turned into a fire hazard.  The $30 one I have been using is too small so I spent a whooping $140 on a new one right before I got knocked out

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Damn Wulf. That's some serious penny pinching.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"