Health & Exercise
Options

Lose more weight or start meds?

When I first went to the fertility doctor he said he wanted me to lose 20 pounds before starting any treatments. So I began a new life style with healthy diet and exercise. 

I lost the 20 pounds.

I do not ovulate, I do not have periods. (Hubby did semen analysis and is fine. I has the awful hsg test, no blockages, I am taking metformin to try and regulate my insulin) 

He called and I have an appointment to induce a period and then talk about meds to make me ovulate. Here is the thing... I am losing weight for the first time in my life. 2 pounds a week. I am still considered obese by my 30.4 BMI and need to lose 40 pounds to be normal. I have been consistently losing 2 pounds a week for a little over 2 months.  Would it be better to wait on the meds until I have a healthy BMI? So that my body will be healthier for me and for baby? Or should I stay on the same diet and exercise but go ahead and start the meds? Also I will be gone for a month from my hubby so would it be a waste to start meds when we wouldn't be able to be together? I don't know how expensive the meds will be or how much if any our insurance will cover. I feel so conflicted over what to do. =-/

-Megan

Started dating Hubby May 17 2005. Married since Aug 20 2011 
Me:30   Hubby:31
TTC since May 2012 
HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
Metformin Started May 2013
PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 
PG#2: BFP 07-25-14.  EDD 4-5-15   *Hoping this is my rainbow*
Diagnosed with PCOS, Hypothyroid,IBD/UC, (UC in remission as of July 2014)
*I will always love you Fetey the first.* 

ALL WELCOME!

Re: Lose more weight or start meds?

• Options
    Check out the Trying to Get Pregnant board. I bet there are quite a few ladies in the same situation. GL with everything.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I would check on the med costs. Also, the healthier the better. I was 80 lbs overweight when I got pregnant with DD and I wish I had been healthier. If you are loosing weight and really want to continue, I would say wait. I know how hard that is. We've be
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We decided to wait and see if I can get the BMI down. Since I'm consistently losing weight, why not see how far I can go. I want to give my body the best possible chance ya know? It's kinda frustrating but at the same time will hopeful
    -Megan

TTC since May 2012 
    HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
    PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 

ALL WELCOME!

• Options
    Thanks. =)
    -Megan

TTC since May 2012 

ALL WELCOME!

• Options

imagemeganwelch:
    We decided to wait and see if I can get the BMI down. Since I'm consistently losing weight, wh
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"