March 2013 Moms
Options

I need advice quick :)

My 4 week old LO totally has his days and nights reversed. He sleeps 2-3 hr stretches during the night but sleeps great during the day. His last feeding today was at 2 and he fell asleep at 3 and is still sleeping. Our pedi said to only feed on demand now (he's FF) because his weight sin as been awesome but should I wake him to eat? I've read to feed more often during the day to promote STTN but cd also read not to wake a sleeping baby. What do u think? And HOW can I get these days and nghts switched. Been trying the EASY way but Is he still too young to get it?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I need advice quick :)

• Options
    Weight gain* 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just wake him if he goes over the 3 hour mark during the day and not at night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    IMHO your LO is still too young to worry about it. Trying to keep him awake too much can cause him to be overly tired. And that's never a good thing. My DS is 6 weeks today and we still go with the flow. He eats every 2 to 3 hours. Then he's awake for a c
    BabyFetus Ticker
        photo 187e7fd5-6db3-47f3-8720-d3540e6c1f35.jpg           photo 17a38d63-9573-4513-9cd7-1650c297a8ca.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary 
  • Options
    We FF too and I do every 33.5 hours during the day unless she seems hungry before that and we let her go as long as she wants at night. Personally I would wake the baby up after 4 hours to feed so I don't spend all night up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That's supposed to say 3 to 3.5 lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I dont think it's too early to start teaching them about day/night. I would wake to eat every 3 hours during the day (and let sleep as long as possible at night).

Keep lights on during the day, music/TV on, you can also have your LO sleep in the

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    My LO did this. I did start waking her to cluster eat evey 2 or 2.5 hours from 4 or 5 to between 10 and 12 and she is sleeping a couple of 4 to 6 hour stretches at night! We EFF. It did work for us! Feeding on demand is great but I try to make sure she is
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"