November 2012 Moms

CIO....don't know how much I can take

Maybe this isn't the method for me.....it's been over an hour and I don't know if I can listen to V cry. It's breaking my heart. When I go in after the 10 minutes and now 15, he grabs my arm and hugs it to his chest and face. When I gently take it away to walk out, he starts to cry again. 

Isnt my job to comfort him? I know there's a bigger picture here and I know he's now learning I will pick him up if he screams louder, but this is torture.  

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CIO....don't know how much I can take

• CIO is really dependent on age.  Too young and LOs don't understand why you are isolating them.  In my opinion, 5-10 minutes with babies, but CIO with 3,4,5 year old is where you really let them go until they self soothe.   If you're try

• It has to be hard to listen to your baby cry. The hugging the arm to him would break my resolve I think.

Good Luck, let us know how it goes. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I gave up last night. He has no problem going to sleep for the night. That routine is solidly in place and he does it with ease. It's when he wakes in the middle of the night.

I couldn't make it any more than 12 minutes with him crying. I would

• imagejg1011:

I gave up last night. He has no problem going to sleep for the night. That routine is solidly in place and he does it

• kb&mbkb&mb member

I tried last night when Noah woke at midnight - after 40 mins total, I fed him. I feel like he cries more when I go in there. When I first hear him on the monitor, I always wait 10 mins before going in there to see if he will go back to sleep.

I

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejg1011:

Maybe this isn't the method for me.....it's been over an hour and I don't know if I can listen to V cry. It's break

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't blame you for giving in. To me CIO option is usually something that has to work for the parent and not necessarily the baby. Some mom/dads can handle/stomach it... others not so much. If it doesn't work for you, NBD. Maybe it is

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh, hugs!  I'm right there with you.  We had a really rough night last night. It's not the initial going down, it's the MOTN waking that's killing us.

F grabs my hand, too when I go into pat and shush him. I just let him hold my hand

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• CIO is not for me! Best of luck to you, I understand it can be hard!

Back when LO1 was 5m, and the girls on my BMB were doing CIO for the first time, we did a Sleep training check in every day, they got flamed to HIGH Heavens from some other

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • So sorry it's been rough for you, maybe try again in a couple weeks or choose a different no-cry method?  Best of luck to you and your LO.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLuckyMissus:

Oh, hugs!  I'm right there with you.  We had a really rough night last night. It's not the initial goin

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"