Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

did your LO have a rxn to 2 and 4 month vaccines?

Hi ladies,

My DS is just over 2 mo, and had his vaccines on Monday.  He ended up getting a fever (99.5) at which point I gave him tylenol, but his temp just kept going up (102+) - so I took him to urgent care and they gave him motrin which brought the fever right down.  He was still eating (although not quite as much) and a little fussy, but overall his temperment was alright.

My question is did any of your LO's have a similar reaction to the 2 month vaccines, and if so how did the 4 month vaccines go?  I ask because the Dr. at the urgent care said my DS would probably have a less severe reaction at the 4 month, but I thought if you had a reaction to one, the reaction to following is usually worse. TIA for your responses!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: did your LO have a rxn to 2 and 4 month vaccines?

• Options
    C didn't have much reaction for his 2 months shots. At his 4 month he got a low fever, 99.5 but was fussy about 3 days after. So hopefully this will flip flop for you!
  • Options
    I'm curious as well.  My LO also had a fever after her 2 month apt/shots and getting her 4 month shots this Friday.  I wonder how she'll react to it this time around...and for the future shots as she gets older.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No reaction to 2 month vaccines, we'll see about 4 month!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DS had no reaction at the 2 month vaccine.  He only cried a little, which was surprising to me.  We will see about his 4 month shots as they are next Friday!
    <BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD didn't really have a reaction, she slept almost all day after her 2 month shots and was fussy for about 3 days after them. We'll see about the 4 month shots, we go on Monday for those! Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    2 month shots went really well. Cried a little bit after them and ended up having really sore thighs that night. 4 month shots went pretty much the same, just didn't eat as much the next day and slept more. Hopefully things start getting better for your L
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    No reaction after the initial tears were over for both 2 and 4 month shots.  We'll see about 6 soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

He reacted to his 4mo, but not his 2 mo. My pedi admitted that he probably had an ear infection when he got his shots, but he didnt see it since he had so much wax build-up.

He was mildly sick at his 6mo but did fine witht hat one too.  

• Options
    We had no reaction to the 2 month vaccines, but my mom (she's an RN) warned me that it's more likely to have a reaction with the later sets of vaccines

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    DS did not have a reaction to either 2 or 4 month vaccines. He did sleep a lot the following day.
    photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

• Options

DS is pretty sensitive and always reacts to his shots. Each time during that first year, we would plan to have about two full grumpy, irritable, perhaps slightly feverish days following his shots. After that, he'd be fine.

He's 23 months now and

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The reaction is them mounting an immune response to what's in the shots. This is what you want them to do. There should be less of an immune response mounted at each subsequent set of shots.
  • Options
    DD had a fever of 103.6 in the middle of the night after her 2 month vaccines. We gave her one dose of Tylenol  and the fever was mostly gone by the morning. She got her 4 month shots yesterday and again ran a fever of 103.0 she got one dose of Tylen
  • Options
    DS  had a fever after both 2 & 4 mo shot. For 4 mo we gave him Tylenol before we went & that helped. Plus we kept at it every 4 hours for 24 hrs & that helped. Pediatrician said its normal. Just his body's reaction to the shot. 6 mo shots
  • Options

Did y'all know Japan moved their vaccines to 2 years plus and rates of deth went down? We are now like 34th for baby deaths. Do your research on vaccines , it is the biggest favor you can do your child

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"