Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

13 month old won't sit in bathtub (for 2 months now)

It started 2 months ago.  LO was sick and started screaming when we put him in the bath (never had a problem before).  He stood the whole bath and wouldn't sit down.  We didn't make a big deal about it...  well 2 months later he still won't sit down in the bathtub and hates if the water touches his butt or when we wash his hair and pour water over him.  He doesn't cry when we put him in anymore and will splash the water with his hand and grab his toys, all while holding on to once side of the tub and standing.  If he squats down low to get a toy and slips and falls in the water on his butt he'll quickly stand back up and start crying until we distract him.

If we go in the bath with him he'll just hold one of us real close after crying and lay on our chest. 

Anyone have any thoughts/experience/advice on this?  I have some color tablets comign tomorrow in hopes of making the bath fun/interesting.

Re: 13 month old won't sit in bathtub (for 2 months now)

• Options

Best I can suggest is making it safe for LO.  There's no harm with standing in the tub as long as they're safe.  Make sure you have a rubber cover over the water spout and slip-proof decals or a mat in the tub.

Otherwise, just keep it f

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    Something happened to scare him of the water.... sounds like he doesn't feel comfortable. Have you tried bathing with him? I used to with DS and it was fun... maybe that will help him get comfortable again. My other thought is to not put much water in at
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenamara5532:

Best I can suggest is making it safe for LO.  There's no harm with standing in the tub as long as they're saf

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

LO refuses to sit as well... in the beginning it freaked me out and I tried to force him to sit. That made him upset and he would thrash around more and it was likely in  more danger doing that. Now I let him stand but watch him carefully. If he t

• Options
    Hey thanks for posting this. My dd is 12.5 mos and she does the exact same thing. She used to love baths, but she had her first cold at 12 months and since then she hates when we pour water over her head. She immediately stands up making it difficult even
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesilvie25:
    I did see in the stores you can buy a mini inflatable tub for up to 2 years and it goes right inside the bathtu
  • Options

Have you tried running the water to see if he will play in it and maybe sit down? Or some toys that squirt water to make it more fun?

We were in the infant/toddler tub til a couple of weeks ago -- we were going out of town and I didn't want to lu

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"