Birthday Parties
Options

Another party menu question!!!

We're having DSs 1st birthday party here tomorrow!!!  So excited; we're just having the immediate family; our parents, siblings and SOs, DHs nephews, and DHs grandfather (LOs only great-grandparent :)).

I'm doing a lighter dinner since DS will probably not want to sit still -

Pita chips and veggies to dip in ranch dip and tzatziki dip to munch on before dinner.

Roast venison (cooled and sliced) sandwiches

Chicken salad sandwiches

I may do just some plain sliced chicken also...haven't decided yet. 

Sweet potato and spinach mac and cheese

Fruit salad.  

I have mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, sliced avocado, and homemade cranberry sauce as the condiments for the sandwiches.  I feel like I should do a veggie too, maybe roast or grilled asparagus?  Suggestions???

Also, is it weird to have all of the sandwich ingredients out so that everyone can make their own like a deli-platter type thing?  Or should I put the basics together (meat,lettuce, and bread), and then have everyone just add their own toppings? 

TIA for any advice! 

Re: Another party menu question!!!

• Options

Grilling asparagus actually sounds good!

I don't think it's weird to have all the sandwich stuff set out. Their sandwiches will be completely their own, so you know it won't get wasted. Whereas if you pre-make them and let them just add their own

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    imagekerriqueen:

I don't think it's weird to have all the sandwich stuff set out. Th

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always prefer buffet style, especially if you'll have different bread options.
  • Options
    imagekerriqueen:

I don't think it's weird to have all the sandwich stuff set out. Th

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, thanks guys!  Buffet it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"