Birthday Parties
Options

Getting ready for the party-the day of

So we are having her 2nd birthday party at home, and of course will do the major prep work the week/night before. But this year, I can see my daughter making messes in the AM, as fast as we can clean them. Would it be odd to ask grandparents to watch her at their house for 1.5-2 hrs before the party just to finish everything without a toddler under foot? How do you handle the morning of getting ready?
My daughter is my hero.

Re: Getting ready for the party-the day of

• Options
    We always had DD sleep over my parent's house the night before.  That gave us the chance to be as noisy as we needed the night before as we prepped everything and then get everything packed up and out to the party site in the morning without interrup
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I plan to have my MIL take DD to a playground (or indoor play place) for a few hours in the morning.  It will be so much easier to prep/clean without her running around.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think it would be odd to ask. You'll get everything done quicker without having to worry about also taking care of your daughter or waking her up, etc. Besides... once your daughter comes back, it'll be like a surprise for her when she sees everyt
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I don't think it's weird at all!  Normally what we do when we have people over, is ask my brother to come over an hour or two early, and he'll take DS outside or up to his room to play to contain the mess, or take him to a neighborhood park.

<p
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"