November 2012 Moms

Tell me how you and bebe buy groceries!

So I have a convertible carseat, not an infant car seat so when I go grocery shopping 'baby wearing' is the only answer.  However, wearing W is really starting to hurt my back.  Would I be a terrible mama if I put a blanket in the bottom of the shopping cart and then put W on top of the blanket?  Sounds dangerous, I know, but I really don't know how else to do it other than pushing a stroller and a shopping cart (and to be honest I reallllly don't want to do that)  I don't think he's going to be ready to sit in the shopping cart seat for another month or so.  Tell me wwyd please!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Tell me how you and bebe buy groceries!

• Oh please don't put LO on a blanket in the cart. Maybe try a different carrier? IMO grocery shopping shouldn't take long so you won't have too much weight to carry for too long.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would try a different carrier. There are good ones and bad ones. A Bjorn kills my back, but a mei tai distributes the weight more evenly and lets me wear LO for hours if I need to.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys!  I have a moby wrap and a bjorn, both of which a killing my lower back :(  Any recommendations?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree with Michelle, but also you could put your baby in a stroller and pull the shopping cart.  That is what I do with my twins.  I push their stroller and pull the shopping cart behind me.

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• Can you leave LO at home with DH? that's my strategy. I can't fit much in the cart if he is in his carrier.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • zmosszmoss member
    I have an ERGO and I really like it. I've worn it shopping and to the dog park and LJ almost ALWAYS falls asleep. Yep, it makes it hard to grab stuff sometimes and you have to be careful not to close/open doors too quickly in the store and bump their head
    imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • I just wear him in the ring sling.

Also, a lot of grocery stores have a free service where you can shop from home and they will pull the groceries for you.  I do that for all the dry goods, deli, and frozen/dairy, so I'm only shopping for

• We use the Ergo and love it. I can still comfortably cary my 22 month old DS who weighs 30 lbs because the weight distribution is so much better than the mobi or bjorn. Also, as your LO becomes a tad older, he or she can sit with minimal assistance in the
  • Ergo wearing here. The bjorn kills my back and she's getting cranky about the moby now. I did try pulling the cart and pushing her in the stroller at Costco last week, DISASTER.  I am not coordinated enough for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"