November 2012 Moms

Date night

Who here hasn't gone out yet? I mean, alone, just you and DH/SO. DH and I went to dinner for the first time Tuesday night while my mom was visiting. Benjamin was asleep when we left, and had just woken up when we got home. It felt great and we didn't even talk about LO the whole time like I thought we would. Haha. 

So if you have gone out, what'd you do? If not, how come, and do you plan to?

I have a girlfriend that constantly insists we go out, or we'll end up divorced. Sweet huh? Haha. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Date night

• imagekiraliz2:

We went out twice when H was only a few weeks old. Once for a movie and the other time for dinner and a beer. I actu

• We haven't gone out alone yet. Next time we have family in town we plan on getting some alone time. We talked yesterday and DH is missing our time alone a lot. We need it to get some balance back. Looking forward to it!
  • Loading the player...
  • kbl13kbl13 member

DH and I had planned to go on a date while him mom was visiting last month. But when it came time for us to go, she said she was too nervous to be left alone with the baby for that long :( 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagekbl13:

DH and I had planned to go on a date while him mom was visiting last month. But when it came time for us to go, she sai

• We've only been out to a holiday cocktail party and then dinner on Valentine's Day.

But, my mom is coming next week and I am going to insist we go do something for realz next Saturday while she can babysit.

I'd lov

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• No 'just us' outting.  

I got out alone one day to get groceries when N was a few weeks old. DH was at work so I left N with my 11 yo DD and the 11 yo girl across the street. I told them to call if he fussed. I was gone for 2 hours because h

• unfortunately, we have yet to plan a 'date night', but we have ran errands together w/o LO.  but i am looking forward to the concert we're going to next Friday at the Fox Theater..  it'll be the first time LO be put down at night w/o us.  l
  • We have not gone out without the baby yet. Furthermore, I have only left the house once without the baby.

When I saw my OB-GYN last month he also insisted that we start doing date nights. That it is important to remember the most important relat

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We've been out a few times. I think the first time was when N was about a month old. He is such a good baby that I surprisingly felt pretty comfortable leaving him. My older sister and my parents have watched him a few times so we can have some "us" time.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have not had a date night without the baby yet. We do dinner about once a week but always bring the baby, we don't have family here and I have a hard time trusting people with the babe, FTM problems. My parents are coming in a couple weeks though an

• DH grandmother drives down every month/month and a half and she insists DH and I go out a few times while she is visiting.

We have been going out a few times a month since LO was 6 weeks. We have done dinner with a couple we really like every tim

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• No date night yet. The family I have around is busier than we are. My dad would love to watch "his" baby, but his body can't take it. With the way everything looks, it will be a long time before it happens. Our schedule is awful until July. I have 3

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• The closest we have come to a date is DH's holiday party. Otherwise there have been a few times where MIL has watched H while we ran errands. Twice for closing on the house and once when we first moved to our new town so we could get groceries and thin

• Wow, I hadn't realized we haven't had a date in over 5 months. Hmm we should probably get on that. We attempted to watch a movie we rented last weekend and we both fell asleep by 10 and missed the ending haha.
  • We haven't had a date night yet.  There's no family around to watch DD, and I cannot get myself together enough to meet/interview babysitters. We need to do it, I don't want out marriage to suffer.
  • We've gone to a concert last weekend and MIL watched LO. We were gone for about 6 hours, she gave A a bottle and put her to bed an surprisingly everything worked out great. I was very nervous though, I bit all my nails.
  • We've been on a couple of dinner dates. We're usually home by 9 but my in laws try to make us stay out later and enjoy ourselves. Next week is DH's 30th birthday so we will go to dinner one night and celebrate with friends the next. Looking forward to som
    Untitled Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No date night for us yet... at least not without LO.  Actually, the only time I've been away from her at all was when she was in the nursery at the hospital one night.  I'm planning on leaving her with SO so I can go get a haircut soon... and go
    kids with flags
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"