Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

When did they grow out of high chair?

DS1 is still in a high chair. Still needs to be belted in and still throws food (when he is finished eating...we have work on this one ASAP). In the months to come, I plan on transferring Ds1 to a booster and DS2 will use the high chair. When did you transfer LO to a booster? How do you know when they are ready?

thx!  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: When did they grow out of high chair?

• Options
    Hmmm.. I think this really depends on the child. DD1 moved to a booster (belted in) at about 18 months. She started to get really up set when would put her tray on the high chair. She wanted to eat off of a plate. She was in the booster until close to her
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1415mo into a booster, and 20ish months into a regular chair.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just moved him to the booster last month, so 17 months. He would have been ready sooner but I kept forgetting to but it sooner.

I have to say, the switch has gone incredibly well. He really enjoys eating at the table with us [as opposed t

• Options
    We have the FP Space Saver and we just took off the back part to turn it into a booster (at 18 months). We would have kept him in it as a high chair, but we were traveling for Passover and it was easier to just bring it as a booster instead of the tray a
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Both of mine moved to a booster (belted in) at about 17-18 months. DD1 we moved because we were sick of the high chair taking up space, DD2 we moved because she was practically begging to sit at the table with her big sister.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    we switched ours out of their highchairs around 18 months. They were contantly throwing their food on the floor and pitching a fit when we put them in their highchair. We had the FP Space Savers, which we attempted to use as boosters but I guess to them
  • Options
    We did a regular booster seat around 18 months and about two weeks ago we changed to a little foam booster (kinda like what you get at a restaurant).
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DD has been just sitting in a chair for a month or two now.  She hates the high chair.  We still need to work on sitting in the chair, but she's good for most of the meal.
  • Options
    LO moved to a booster at thanksgiving, she was a little over a year. I didn't have room for a highchair in the dining room with all the company so I bought a belted booster seat and strapped it to a chair. LO refused to sit in a high chair after that. It
  • Options
    DS started using the booster around 10m, mainly because I don't like having the high chair in the kitchen. It takes up too much space. I wish we had one of those space saver ones instead of the full size!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    DD is still in the high chair at 19 months and I don't plan on moving her anytime soon. We have the ikea Antilop and it sits right at table height. We still use the tray and just put her plate on the tray.
  • Options
    16 months or so into a booster and 20 months into a regular chair.
  • Options
    We put our son in one of the chairs that straps onto our regular kitchen chair. Most of them come with a removable tray too. We did this when he was about 11 months old, but only because a friend  of ours moved and we had been borrowing her high chai
  • Options

imageKimbus22:
    Brought out the booster at 18 months, went back to the high chair at 19 months because he's still too easily distrac
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS1 is still in his high chair at 21 months. We've tried a booster a couple of times at restaurants but he just slides out of it, high chair is way easier. His little brother is coming in May (ish?) and I am hoping once he is ready for the high chair that

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"