Baby Showers
Options

opening gifts prior to shower question.

I am a FTM and I have a shower coming up at the end of the month.  Surprisingly, i am already getting boxes delivered to my house from my registry (amazon.com), which I am beyond grateful for.  

My question is;  do I open them now? or do I bring them to the shower (local) to open them?  there are two types;  gifts delivered to my house from guests who will be at the shower (they are traveling from out of state- so probably couldnt fly with the shower gift without paying luggage charges)  and then gifts from guests who will NOT make it to the shower.  are there different etiquette for each? 

September Sig challenge: Fall
imageimage

Re: opening gifts prior to shower question.

• Options

For those who won't be at the shower, open them now and send thank you notes. Trust me, the people at the shower are not going to want to sit through you opening gifts from people who aren't even there.

For those who will be- I guess you can

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    If you receive a gift in the mail, you should always open it to ensure that it isn't broken, then send a thank you card right away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemabenner1:
    If you receive a gift in the mail, you should always open it to ensure that it isn't broken, then send a thank you
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • Options
    I wouldn't take any gifts to the shower.  Open them all now, send thank you notes.  At the shower, for those who are actually there, as or after you're opening gifts you can say what those people sent to you and how much you loved whatever it wa
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You should definitely open them as soon as they arrive and get your thank you notes out ASAP.  People are probably sending things to your home if they can't make it to the shower, or they're trying to save you the trouble of carting boxes home wit

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageEastCoastBride:

For those who won't be at the shower, open them now and send thank you notes. Trust me, the people at the show

imageimage
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for all your advice.  I just wasnt sure what to do with them!  I will go ahead and open them and send out thank you cards right away.  and I love the suggestions of acknowledging the gifts again at the shower (giv
    imageimage
  • Options

imagemabenner1:
    If you receive a gift in the mail, you should always open it to ensure that it isn't broken, then send a thank you
  • Options
    I open right away, text, call, or email to say thank you, and then write a thank you note. I just don't want them wondering if something happened to the package.
  • Options

imagelalvillar06:
    I open right away, text, call, or email to say thank you, and then write a thank you note. I just don't want them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"