Long Island Babies
Options

Hospital Picks HELP

My husband and I live in Baldwin and are expecting our first child. I work in Brooklyn and our families live there as well. I can't decide to give birth in Nassau or Brooklyn? The hospitals I'm thinking about are Winthrop or Methodist ... Please help... All advice is appreciated!

Re: Hospital Picks HELP

• Options
    Totally up to you guys. Winthrop is great and also North Shore Manhasset just added on an amazing maternity wing. I can't wait to give birth there. They were working on it when I had DS. Good luck wih your decision.
  • Options
    When I lived in Nassau, I was in Rockville Center and my OB/GYN was at Mercy Medical Center. His name was Lorey Pollack and he was great. Winthrop is supposed to be a great hospital, but I don't know much about it. As far as giving birth in Brooklyn, what if you go into labor NOT during work hours, like in the evening, 4am, or the weekend? It would be better to be closer to your home, unless the distance between your home and Winthrop and your home and the hospital in Brooklyn are the same.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetetesmama:
    Totally up to you guys. Winthrop is great and also North Shore Manhasset just added on an amazing maternity wing. I can't wait to give birth there. They were working on it when I had DS. Good luck wih your decision.

Thank you! I have been thinking about North Shore as well
  • Options
    imagejo4janet:
    When I lived in Nassau, I was in Rockville Center and my OB/GYN was at Mercy Medical Center. His name was Lorey Pollack and he was great. Winthrop is supposed to be a great hospital, but I don't know much about it. As far as giving birth in Brooklyn, what if you go into labor NOT during work hours, like in the evening, 4am, or the weekend? It would be better to be closer to your home, unless the distance between your home and Winthrop and your home and the hospital in Brooklyn are the same.

Thank you so much!!! Those were the same points my husband made, I will start looking into Nassau hospitals. I live in Baldwin
  • Options
    Winthrop!!! Love that hospital
    Please visit my website for more information on our products at www.elegantscents.scentsy.us Thank you and have a SCENTsational day!!
  • Options
    I had a really great experience at Winthrop. If you're going to stop working before you anticipate giving birth, I'd prefer the short drive somewhere in LI than to have to haul it to Brooklyn during a stressful situation. Totally up to you, though!
  • Options
    I'm all the way in Kings Park and I will be going all the way to Winthrop.  I wouldn't go anywhere else.
    Married the love of my life 7/11/08
    Me: 29 DH: 36
    November 2008 Dx FvL by Hematologist
    February 2013 Dx PCOS, MTHFR, and PAI-1 by ObGYN
    May 2013 TTC begins! Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options

I highly recommend North Shore Manhasset. I live in West Islip and will drive the 45 mins to get there, hopefully it won't be rush hour when it's time :)

I made this decision, not by where my family or I live or work but rather by what the hospital can offer the Baby and You, if things don't go as planned.    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"