Parenting after 35

New to this board

Hi All,

I'm 38 and had my first and only child, DD in Dec, I'm new to this board, I mostly hang out at on the Dec 2012 board, but, I was thinking more yesterday about having DD at 38yrs old.  I realized when DD is 10yrs old, I'll be 48yrs old,and how daunting that looks from here, but, when she's 20, I'll be 58 and that doesn't seem so bad. Arck, feeling my age.

Re: New to this board

• Welcome to the club! I am 38 and have an 11 month old daughter. When my mom was my age, I was a senior in high school! LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Don't focus on the numbers.. it's how you feel that's important.

FWIW, I was 42 when I had my first and possibly only child.  Now I'm 45 and still thinking about a second.. maybe.  Or not.  Guess I'd better get busy on that, tho!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board! I am 40 now but had my DS (first and only child) 2 mos before I turned 39. I am probably one and done but I occasionally think about whether I should have a 2nd. Congrats on your LO!
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hi and welcome! Your daughter is too adorable!

Don't worry about your age. I truly think that children keep you young like nothing else!Big Smile

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Welcome!!
    ~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Welcome!

And yeah, I don't feel so weird about being 40-something and the parent of an elementary school student as I do about being 60 when my youngest graduates from college. Oof!

• mwdmwd member

Welcome! I had always been on a birth board, but after a while and not relating to the younger women there, found this board. Lovely ladies here, very supportive, just wonderful!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome!  We're the older and wiser board!  Ha, ha! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thank you ladies for the warm welcome and the encouragement. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"