Georgia Babies

Eczema question

Cecil gets awful patches of eczema behind his knees and at his elbows. I generally make up a cream of Neosporin, Aquaphor and hydrocortisone cream and slather it on him at night. The patches definitely flare up when he has a cold, but he's on the tail end of one and the patches aren't really going down.

I asked the pedi about it at his 18-month appointment last week and she recommended giving him Benadryl or Claritin to help. I know that Zyrtec absolutely zonks him out and I'm nervous about giving him daily doses of any of the above. What works for your kid with eczema? Poor kid just itches and scratches little raw patches. Sad

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Eczema question

• Gavin and Sophie get these patches on their cheeks/chin.  Gavin's have lasted all winter and now are flaring again b/c of allergies.  Have you tried the really thick eucerin cream in the big ol granny tub?  That actually seems to help bette

• imageslwprincess:
    Gavin and Sophie get these patches on their cheeks/chin.  Gavin's have lasted all winter and now are flaring
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...

Yes Eucerin makes Aquafor, but there is a Eucerin cream- we have much better luck with that. DH's grandmother used it on Gavin's cheeks wh

• Avery has bad eczema too, but on her face. Not to be a downer, but we've tried benadryl and zyrtec, neither of which did very much for her. Aquaphor does nothing for her. The best over the counter products I've found are Aveeno eczema products and neospor
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageAugustaBride04:
    Avery has bad eczema too, but on her face. Not to be a downer, but we've tried benadryl and zyrtec, neither of wh
  • Have you taken red dye 40 out of his diet? Jack's was bad so we went to see a pediatric dermatologist and she told me to grab the skin renewing cetaphil body wash and lotion and completely remove red dye. It did wonders. Like completely cleared him up and
  • imagerara855:
    Have you taken red dye 40 out of his diet? Jack's was bad so we went to see a pediatric dermatologist and she told me
  • I just took my 4 yo to a dermatologist for this. They recommended CeraVE cream or Cetaphil Restoraderm Lotion. Both lines also make a cleanser. Regular Cetaphil, Eucerin and Aquaphor weren't working and we'd done hydrocortizone too but I was worried about
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We do a bath and do not dry Bryce off. Then put vasoline with aquphora on top of that. It's a greasy mess but it keeps it at bay most of the time. The area just has to be wet before you greasy them up. When he doesn't have patches, he still itches and

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Cason has severe eczema. We have to use high strength prescription stuff but I know in the beginning when his was more mild, we just used over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream and it helped. Aquaphor is definitely good. Our dermatologist said the best
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son  gets a patch of rash either on his arms or on the back of his legs from time to time....I am not sure if it is Ecxema or food or contact allergies.....what really seems to work for him is Cetaphil RESTORADERM.  I apply it three times a d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You've gotten tons of good ideas and advice but I wanted to add that since the xyrtec zonks him out, I would at least try it at night for a while and see if it helps.

I layer hydrocortisone cream with cetaphil on Tess and it helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"