January 2013 Moms
Options

Please Help..sleep advice

Sorry this is so long...

Hey everyone, so I'm in desperate need of some advice, hopefully some of you ladies have been here.  So here's the low down.  My LO is 10 weeks old.  For 8 weeks she napped on my chest in a recliner.  She would never nap on her own and I was being crazy about her getting enough sleep during the day so I resorted to that (bad I know).  So at week 8 (my husband was home from work for spring break) we started having her nap in her RnP.  This is where she sleeps at night, and sleeps very well, only up 1-2 a night. 

Anyway 2 weeks have gone by and there has been no improvement, naps have been hell!!! As soon as I put the swaddle on, she starts screaming.  I'm still rocking/shushing her to sleep b/c theres no way she'll go down awake but drowsy at this point.  She screams for only less than about 5 mins. but its intense then she'll pass out for anywhere from 1 min. to 30.  She's occasionally done 45 mins. I usually go back in if its less than 20 mins and re rock her while she screams to go back down for a little while longer.  I just don't know what to do, I'm watching her sleepy cues, I've read the 90 min sleep cycle book, she usually goes by that, sometimes only up for an hour sometimes 2, but no matter how tired she is, she screams and I feel like she's so worked up, she won't stay asleep very long. 

It also sucks because now her nighttime routine is starting to go the same way, I used to love it and it would be peaceful, but now the second I start rocking her she screams, how am I ever supposed to put her down awake but drowsy when she's that worked up...

We do have both a nap and bedtime routine, which consist of a story, swaddle and lullabies.

Basically I'm at my wits end bc I spend my entire day rocking a screaming baby so she gets sleep.... 

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Please Help..sleep advice

• Options
    I'm going through the same thing. Mine doesn't get to the point if screaming but if I wait a minute too long when she's tired she gets fussy and impossible to get to sleep. Make sure you don't let her get overtired and she's only up an hour or hour and a
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks! Yeah I've been pretty obsessive about watching her cues and I thought I had it down right but maybe not if she screams so much every time.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This probably isn't what you want to hear, but DS#1 didn't nap until he was about 1 year old.  Right around 10-12 weeks he simply stopped sleeping during the day.  I'd occasionally get a 20-30 min cat nap in the swing or in the Ergo, but that wa
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    I wonder if the naptime routine is over stimulating your DD?  I know that with my DD by the time she starts showing cues that she is tired, she has played enough and has had enough of me singing, reading, etc.  I just swaddle her and quietly roc
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PP about maybe being overstimulated. When mine is having a hard time falling asleep for a nap, we go into the dark bathroom, turn on the fan and I either gently bounce her or sway back and forth. There might be some screaming, I usually hold

• Options
    I don't think the chest sleeping thing is necessarily a bad habit at 10 weeks. My LO slept there the first month or so of his life. Now he sleeps in his infant sleeper at night. He used to be pretty good about naps but the only way for him to nap lately i
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My LOt is a cat napper as well. She will randomly fall asleep in her seeing, but it doesn't last long. I have found if I use a carrier to do things around thehouse, she will usually nap good there. I know it is still on me, but we aren't fighting naps and
    BabyFruit Ticker TTC: 2011 BFP: February 10, 2012 Natural M/C: February 28, 2012 BFP: June 3, 2012 EDD: February 1, 2013 Pre-e diagnosis, est. delivery date Jan 11th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"