January 2013 Moms

baby's first fever...

My poor little honey!  Last night I thought he felt warm, so we take his temp and it was 100.4.  We try to get some tylenol in him (he kept spitting it out) and went through the night time routine.  At midnight, DS was so congested he couldn't lay in his crib.  So him and I roughed it sleeping either on the couch or in the recliner.  This morning, we take his temp and it was 101..so I call the answering service and the on call doc tells us to come in for a visit when the office opens.  We give him more tylenol in the mean time and when we get in the office it's 100.2  DS acts fine despite stuffiness and fever..smiles and coos and plays.  Dr tells us that standard protocol for infants under 90 days (we're 85) is a urine test and blood test.  So, he ended up having to have a catheter put in to collect the urine sample and then we had to go to the lab at hospital for blood work.  Everything came back within normal range, and we just have to observe him and go back for a re check tomorrow.  

DS was a trooper through it all.  I'm pretty sure it's nothing too severe.  He started daycare last week, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.  New environment, new germs.  You just feel so helpless when you're baby isn't at his best.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: baby's first fever...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"