July 2011 Moms

Listening

Does anyone else think that their LO doesnt listen at all?

Sometimes I feel like I am wasting my breath trying to tell DS something. Like this morning he found a cup next to our bed with some water in it that DH left there. So he was holding it and running around, I told him to stop and tried to go after him but she ran faster.

I am frustrated, but feel like 20 month olds dont listen and I am expecting too much from him.

Am I being unrealistic?

Signed,

Mommy who needs a drink after my morning alone while DH was at work. haha

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Listening

• It depends on the moment. He is great at listening to me and following directions, but if he has his mind set on something he wants to do, I am just wasting my breath. He used to understand the word "no", but apparently he has chosen to forget what it

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel bad because I get so frustrated sometimes. Poor kid!

But then again I just love him so much!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I felt exactly like this this very morning as I went after him to put his shorts on. He wasn't listening and then thought it was a game, so it turned into me chasing him with his shorts in my hands. While he laughed hysterically. 
  • imagewfdfire607:
    I felt exactly like this this very morning as I went after him to put his shorts on. He wasn't listening and then
  • imageLovethesun08:

imagewfdfi
  • He only follows directions and knows what the word "NO" means, when he wants to.  He is very selective in when he wants to listen.

More often than not he chooses not to listen. Uggghh....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelisamoe:

He only follows directions and knows what the word "NO" means, when he wants to.  He is very selective in when h

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"